Herr Memorial Library to hold December events
MIFFLINBURG — The Herr Memorial Library, 500 Market St., will hold the following activities and events in the month of December:
Adult and teen programs
•Special stitches knitting group — 11 a.m. Wednesdays. The special stitches knitting group welcomes all skill levels. Registration is required.
• Thursday’s Threads cross-stitch class — 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Game on for teens — 5-7 p.m. Thursdays. Play board games and video games provided by the library. Attendees may bring in games they want to share. Food and refreshments are provided.
• Not your grandma’s knitting program (for teens) — 1-2:30 p.m. Dec. 3. Learn how to knit with your body. Attendees will make infinity scarves or blankets. Basic yarn will be available but attendees may bring their own.
• Anime and Manga Club for teens — 4-5:30 p.m. Dec. 5. Attendees will make teru teru bozu (weather charms) and watch anime on the big screen, draw and share favorite series.
• Star Wars shindig for teens — 4-7:30 p.m. Dec. 13. Attendees will play Jedi games, make themed snowflakes and Yoda origami and watch a Star Wars film with Rifftrax. Snacks will be provided.
• Tech the halls — 6:30 p.m. Dec. 15. Learn about computers, tablets, TVs, video game system, and eReaders in time for holiday shopping. Registration is required.
• Winter’s a beach themed party for teens — 5-7 p.m. Dec. 20. Come down to the Teen Space for a summer beach party. The dress code is tropical beachwear. Attendees will play Marco Polo, Limbo and other pool party games. Snacks and drinks wil be provided. Registration is required.
• Book dominos — 4-5:30 p.m. Dec. 27. Create a domino course using books.
• Post It note mosaic for teens — 3:30 p.m. Dec. 29. Attendees will make an 8-bit inspired post-it note masterpiece.
• Toddlers discover — 10 a.m. Dec. 1. For children ages 18 months to 3 years old and their caregivers. This class will offer a fun, safe and educational learning environment that includes weekly themes, stories read aloud, arts and crafts projects, play time, sensory exploration, educational games, sing-a-longs, music, movement activities and a Discover More At Home newsletter. Registration is required.
• Happy Holiday celebration — 2 p.m. Dec. 17. Children can meet and take photos with Santa who will read “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” Attendees may bring a camera. While supplies last, children will receive a holiday book. Enjoy crafts, activities and decorate holiday rice krispie tree and reindeer treats.
For more information or to register, call 570-966-0831 or visit the library.