Lewisburg Arts Council to hold Lewisburg Music in the Park
LEWISBURG — The Lewisburg Arts Council has announced the 22nd season of the summer concert series Music in the Park. The 2018 season begans on June 6 this year and will run 13 weeks through Aug. 29. All concerts will begin at 7 p.m. in Hufnagle Park in downtown Lewisburg and are free.
• Susquehanna Valley Chorale – Your Ticket to the Movies — Today. William Payn, conductor.
• The Derek Scott Quartet — June 20. Rock.
• Penn Central Wind Band — Union County 4th of July Concert. June 27, GreenSpace Center auditorium at 815 Market St. William Kenny, conductor.
• Lewisburg Showcase I: Rolf Sturm, Class of 1980, with Rob Henke — July 4. Jazz.
• Matthew Fries Trio — July 11. Jazz.
• Karen Nogle and Mark Tomeo — July 18. Rock/Pop/Jazz/Country.
• River Stage Community Theatre — July 25, GreenSpace Center auditorium at 815 Market St. Musical Revue.
• Lite Switch — Aug. 1. Rock.
• Lockport Drifters — Aug. 8. Bluegrass.
• Across the Pond — Aug. 15. Celtic.
• West Branch Chorus — Aug. 22, GreenSpace Center auditorium at 815 Market St. Barbershop.
• Lewisburg Showcase II: Lewisburg Area High School Marching Band — Aug. 29, GreenSpace Center auditorium at 815 Market St. Daniel Schwanger, director.
In the event of rain concerts will be held at the Lewisburg Hotel, 136 Market St. Rain information will be announced on the Arts Council’s Facebook page and on local radio.
For more information about each week’s performers, how to contribute to the upkeep of the music series, or the Lewisburg Arts Council, visit our website www.lewisburgartscouncil.com.