Seniors ‘STEP’n Out!’ to local attractions
The STEP Office of Aging is rolling out the “STEP’n Out!” program. Funded by a grant from the PA Department of Aging, STEP’n Out! is a way for individuals age 60 plus to experience local and regional history, entertainment and landmarks.
Participants in a kickoff event went to Knoebels Senior Citizens Day in June. “On the bus ride home, everyone wanted to know where we are going next! They just had so much fun!” said Helen Grosso, a STEP AmeriCorps member service with the STEP Office of Aging.
Trips will be leaving from all of STEP’s eight Centers for Healthy Aging in Lycoming and Clinton counties. Upcoming trips include:
• July 19 — Loyalsock/Montoursville, 570-601-9590, to Lewisburg Farmer’s Market
• July 20 — Renovo, 570-923-2525, to State College area
• July 25 — Meck Center, 570-546-2542, to Hollywood Casino
• July 26 — RiverWalk Center, 570-601-9592, to Haywood’s on the Green and Millbrook Playhouse
• July 27 — Mill Hall, 570-726-6378, to Gardner’s Candy, Hobby Lobby, and lunch at Spruce Creek Tavern
While a few of the experiences may have an admission fee, the transportation for the program will be free of charge. For more information, including registration opening dates and possible costs, please call your nearest Center for Healthy Aging at the number listed above.