Merry Millheim launches the holiday season this weekend
MILLHEIM — There is no better way to ring in the holiday season than with Merry Millheim, an event-filled weekend celebrating the renaissance of one of the most interesting small towns in Central Pennsylvania. In its sixth annual holiday celebration, “Merry Millheim” returns Friday through Sunday with shopping, live music, giving opportunities and children’s activities.
Merry Millheim and its many events are working this year to benefit the East Penns Valley Library. A portion of proceeds from the Festival of Trees wreath sale will directly benefit the library. Further, the Handmade Holiday Market will host a video booth and library volunteer drive where the public is invited to share their vision for the community library in the future as part of a “Love Your Library” initiative.
• If you are shopping for the holidays, make your first stop the Sixth Annual Handmade Holiday Market featuring local and independent artisans specializing in jewelry, glass, paper, and fiber arts. The Handmade Holiday market takes place at the Bremen Town Ballroom 5-9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Just down Route 45 in Spring Mills, the Hummingbird Room will host a Holiday Open House and Gourmet-To-Go 5-9 p.m. Friday; noon to 6 p.m. Saturday; and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday..
• ForeFather’s Book shop and Main St. Yarn in Rebersburg will holdholiday snacks noon to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Christmas story time at 11 a.m. Saturday. Each child will receive a small gift.
• Millheim Hotel will have will have Christmas Carols & Holiday Music with a Live Nativity 6-8 p.m. Friday. At 7 p.m., the Green Drake Art Gallery hosts the Four Decades Barbershop Quartet.
• End your Friday night at the WSOV Gala at St. Luke’s Cultural Center featuring live music by the Jay Vonada Jazz Quartet. Formal dress and dancing is encouraged. The music begins at 8 p.m.
• On Saturday night, Elk Creek Cafe + Aleworks has Frog Holler at 8 p.m.
• Children can meet Santa at the Bryant & Catorna Law Offices, 6-8 p.m. Friday. St. John’s Lutheran Church will have a Cookie Walk to benefit St. John’s Playground from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. that day.
• The Millheim Theatre is holding its Third annual Festival of Trees with the theme “One Horse Open Sleigh.” The Festival of Trees is a spectacular display, set inside the historic Millheim Theatre, which is only open to the public during holiday events such as these.
Please check the Merry Millheim Facebook page for updates on the complete event schedule and the participating businesses.