Education Foundation opens grant opportunity for WASD teachers
The Williamsport Area School District Education Foundation is accepting applications for its annual Teacher Mini-Grant Program.
Applications must be submitted on or by Nov. 17.
The Foundation’s Teacher Mini-Grant Program gives WASD teachers the opportunity to enhance curriculum through compelling, innovative programs and projects by applying for up to a maximum of $1,500 in support.
Grant applications submitted for consideration must include:
• A clear link to improving student achievement
• Goals that are long-term and ongoing, including a statement of need and a plan to address the need, and outlines how to measure its success
• An introduction of a uniquely new and creative/imaginative activity
• A project that can be used to reinforce the district’s educational program
• A project that provides considerable benefit to the student experience
Grants will not be given for parties, incentive gifts or classroom supplies.
Applicants will be notified about their grant status by Dec. 8.
Applications are available for download on the foundation’s website under “Our Programs.”
During the 2016-17 school year, seven programs were funded. The education foundation awarded $5,063 to fund four, while $4,370 funded three through Educational Improvement Tax Credit dollars at the First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania.
Since the program’s establishment in 2005, more than $89,000 have supported 79 classroom projects and programs across the district.
For more information, or to make a gift, visit www.wasd.org/foundation.