Montoursville celebrates homecoming festivities
The Montoursville Area High School homecoming festivities will be held on Friday. A parade of convertibles will begin at 5:50 p.m. from the corner of Arch and Weaver streets and proceed down Arch Street to Memorial Stadium. The parade will include the homecoming court, high school band, cheerleaders and youth football players.
The 2017 homecoming queen and princess will be crowned during a halftime ceremony. The Montoursville Warriors play the Milton Black Panthers in that night’s football game. The court will participate in a series of activities including Pasta Night at the Olive Garden, reading to the Lyter Elementary students, along with theme dress up days at school, and helping with the school’s charity fundraiser. The winners will be recognized at the high school dance on Saturday evening.
The 2017 Montoursville homecoming court members are:
• Alexandra Bafile, the daughter of Janine and Mike Herr, escorted by Tyler Reidy.
• Olivia Conklin, the daughter of Stacy and Tim Conklin, escorted by Josh Dinges.
• Olivia Evans, the daughter of Tina and Erik Evans, escorted by Mitchell Young.
• Shelby Kurtz:, the daughter of Allyson and Kevin Kurtz, escorted by Wyatt Lutz.
• Madelyn McDonald, the daughter of Glenda and Tom McDonald, escorted by Abe Deacon.
• Kathryn Plankenhorn, the daughter of Denise and Chris Plankenhorn, escorted by Keegan Leahy.
• Danae Roles, the daughter of MarLee and Robert Roles, escorted by Greg Shoemaker.
• Lillian Stutzman, the daughter of Lisa and Stanley Stutzman, escorted by Robert Logue.
• Rebecca Reeder, the daughter of Mary DiFuccia and Christopher Reeder, escorted by Isaiah Gingrich. Reeder is Montoursville’s Flaming Foliage representative.