Lock Haven University Psychology Department holds awards banquet
LOCK HAVEN — The Lock Haven University Psychology Department recently held an awards banquet. During the banquet, six students were presented with awards and 10 students were inducted into the Psi Chi National Honor Society.
Students inducted into Psi Chi were: Amelia Garraway, Monica Jampo, Ashlee Power, Abigail Boyer, Hannah Davy, Jordyn Glick, Jordyn Thompson, Michael White, Destena Bower and Larina Good.
Student receiving awards were:
• Alyson Harden – Achievement Award Winner
• Brooke Yeager – Achievement Award Winner
• CJ Morinville – Student of the Year
• Josilyn Martin – Newcomer Award Winner (award is named after former faculty member Chuck Newcomer, awarded to a “newcomer” student who shows great promise in the program)
• Rachael Metzinger – Student of the Year
• Kaitlynn Timko – Achievement Award Winner
“I am proud to watch these students rise through our program with such success and I know they will go on to do wonderful things, both here at LHU and beyond,” said Dr. Erin Kennedy, associate professor and Psychology Department chair.
Speaker for the event was alumna, Christina Schneider ’10. Schneider reminded the students to use “self-care” when working in the counseling field. “The stories you will hear can be very eye-opening and heart-wrenching, so you must make a commitment to take care of yourself,” she said.
“The Psychology Department is so proud of our graduating and graduated students,” said Dr. Cheryl Newburg, associate psychology professor. “By the end of their four years here, they accomplish so much. They are ready for work and graduate school.”
For more information on Lock Haven University, visit www.lockhaven.edu, email email@example.com, or call 570-484-2011.