In the schools
Lycoming College appoints six faculty members with endowed professorships
Lycoming College has announced the appointments of endowed professorships to six faculty members. Made possible by established gifts to the College, endowed professorships are one of the highest honors that Lycoming awards faculty members to recognize a career marked by exceptional teaching, scholarship and service.
• The Shangraw Chair in the Liberal Arts was awarded to Sascha Feinstein, Ph.D., professor of English.
• The John P. Graham Teaching Professorship was awarded to Gary Hafer, Ph.D., associate professor of English.
• The M.B. Rich Chair was awarded to Steven Johnson, Ph.D., associate professor of religion.
• The Logan A. Richmond professorship was awarded to Sandra Kingery, Ph.D, professor of modern language studies.
• The Frank and Helen Lowry Professorship was awarded to Chriss McDonald, Ph.D., professor of chemistry.
• The Robert and Mary Jackson Shangraw Professorship was awarded to Mehrdad Madresehee, Ph.D., professor of economics.
Muncy Monster Dash to be held
MUNCY — The Muncy Monster Dash 5K Run/Walk and Kids’ Fun Run will be held at 9:30 a.m. Oct. 27, Ward L. Myers Elementary School, 125 New St.
Participants can run individually or as a team. Participants also can run in costume or with their dog. This event is put on by the Ward L. Myers Elementary School OPT.
For more information or to register, visit www.muncyparuns.com.
WASD gives community gold card club a ‘reboot’
The Williamsport Area School District will reboot its Gold Card Club. The district is working to more strongly advertise and promote the club card that provides some benefit to WASD residents age 62 years or older. Cardholders are permanently granted free admission to district-sponsored sporting and musical events (excluding playoff games and PIAA functions).
Club cards can be obtained by bringing proof of age and residency between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, to the District Service Center, 2780 W. Fourth St.