Galley of Hope honorees
In addition to Sharon Dapp, of Muncy, the 2013 Gallery of Hope recognizes:
Lorraine Cwalina, of Swoyersville, Luzerne County, a retired nurse, grandmother of six, and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins season ticket holder.
Caroline Merino, of Taylor, Lackawanna County, a mother of five who recently competed in the Dirty Girl Mud Run.
Brenda Smellowsky, of Jim Thorpe, Carbon County, a radiologic technologist who encourages all women to be vigilant about routine screenings.
Carolyn Mosher, of Columbia Cross Roads, Bradford County, a horse lover and rider who organized a breast cancer fundraiser last year.
- Paula Heller-Hahn, of Stroudsburg, Monroe County, an avid NASCAR fan who participates in local Pink Light Walks and the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.
- Renee Fries, of Honesdale, Wayne County, who discovered she had breast cancer after her very first mammogram.
- Cathy Franko, of Tunkhannock, Wyoming County, a reading assistant and mother of twins who found out she had cancer on her 43rd birthday.
- Cindy Dalton, of Wellsboro, Tioga County, who has survived breast cancer twice and who facilitates a support group in her community.
- Kelly Valovich, of Hazle Township, Luzerne County, a young mother of two who uses social media to find support and interact with other survivors.