Susquehanna Health announces healthy events scheduled to provide health information and benefit the community.
They are as follows:
5 to 6 p.m. Wednesday
Living with Diabetes
A support for individuals who are managing diabetes that meets on the first Wednesday of each month in the Divine Providence Hospital cafeteria to help you plan healthy holiday meals. New members are always welcome. To register, call 570-326-8410.
5 to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Nov. 16 and 30
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter offers new and expectant moms an opportunity to exchange tips about breastfeeding, receive breastfeeding support and discuss parenting concerns at The LifeCenter in the Williamsport YMCA, 641 Walnut St. Free weight checks for baby are available. Light refreshments will be provided. Register by calling 570-321-2096 or at Susquehannahealth.org/Events.
11:30 am to noon Thursday and Nov. 10 and 17
Introduction to Meditation
A 30-minute midday refresher at The LifeCenter in the Williamsport YMCA, 641 Walnut St. Participants may bring a yoga mat or pillow for seating comfort. Class size is limited. Call 1-877-883-4791 to register.
9 a.m. to noon Nov. 8
Free vision screening at The LifeCenter
Free vision screenings provided by North Central Sight Services at The LifeCenter in the Williamsport YMCA, 641 Walnut St. Schedule an appointment by calling 1-877-883-4791.
Noon to 4 p.m. Nov. 10
Osteoporosis Screening at The LifeCenter
A quick and painless ultrasound heel screening to measure bone density level at The LifeCenter in the Williamsport YMCA, 641 Walnut St. There is a charge. To schedule an appointment, call 1-877-883-4791.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 15
AARP driver safety refresher
For individuals who previously attended the two-day AARP driver safety course. Set for The LifeCenter at the Williamsport YMCA, 641 Walnut St. There is a fee for AARP members and non-members. Checks can be mailed to the Lincoln Senior Center, 2138 Lincoln St., Williamsport, PA 17701.
To register, call 570-323-3096.
5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 15
Getting You Healthy for Surgery
For those who have an elective surgical procedure in the next three to 12 months.. Set for the Williamsport YMCA. Call 1-877-883-4791 to register.
4:30 p.m. Nov. 17
Young stroke survivor group
A meet-and-greet for young stroke survivors is set for the Education & Conference Center at Williamsport Regional Medical Center, 700 High St.
For more information, call 570-560-8990 or email email@example.com.
Solders & Sailors sets infant CPR
WELLSBORO — Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital announced in a news release that it is launching a new, free infant and child CPR course.
All are welcome to attend.
Classes will be offered on the fourth Thursday of each month. Registration is required.
To learn more or to register, contact Brenda Shumway at 570-723-0192, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lecture on cancer survivorship set
LEWISBURG — From 7:30 a.m.-noon Nov. 12, Evangelical Community Hospital will host a free cancer survivorship lecture at The Country Cupboard in Lewisburg.
In addition to the featured speakers, the free event includes breakfast and an inspirational activity by Barn Owl.
The lecture is designed to inspire and provide courage to patients facing cancer or other medical conditions, as well as their families as they help them along the journey of treatment.
The event is free and open to the public. To register call 570-522-4238 by Nov. 7.
Evangelical holds screenings
LEWISBURG– Community Health and Wellness at Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of screenings.
9 a.m.-noon Mondays, noon-4 p.m. Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
10 a.m.-noon today, Sunbury YMCA
9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, Mifflinburg Bank and Trust, Fairground Road, Lewisburg
10 a.m.-noon Nov. 22, Milton YMCA
Comprehensive blood screen:
7-10 a.m. Nov. 16, at Elmcroft of Loyalsock. Fee includes lipid panel. Appointments required. Call 570-768-3200.
Blood sugar screenings:
10 a.m.-noon today, Sunbury YMCA
8-10 a.m. Nov. 7, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
10 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 10, Weis Markets, Meadow Green Drive, Mifflinburg
10 a.m.-noon Nov. 22, Milton YMCA
9 a.m.-noon Mondays and Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
Evangelical sets support groups
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital has scheduled its roster of support groups. They are as follows:
• Alcoholics Anonymous: noon-1 p.m. Sundays, Evangelical Community Hospital in Wood-Mode Conference Room, located on the hospital’s lower level.
• Stroke: 5:30-7:30 p.m. today, at Evangelical Community Hospital’s third floor Rehabilitation Unit.
• Bariatric: 6 p.m. Wednesday, Wood-Mode Conference Rooms.
This month’s topic: Healthy Cooking Demo.
• Coping with the Holidays: 2 p.m. Nov. 6, Hospice of Evangelical, 235 Hospital Drive, Lewisburg. A panel discussion designed to help those who have lost a loved one cope during the holiday season.
The program, with refreshments, is free and open to the public. Call 570-522-2550 to register.
• Look Good Feel Better: 2-4 p.m. Nov. 21, at the Community Health and Wellness Center.
Call the American Cancer Society to register at 1-888-227-2345.
• Empty Arms: 7 p.m. Nov. 21, at Evangelical Community Hospital in D & E Conference Room. Support group for individuals following the loss of a baby.
Call the Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 to register.
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of classes. They are as follows:
Prepared childbirth refresher class: Dates are not pre-determined; call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-786-3200 to schedule your class. $25 registration fee. Designed to refresh parents on the basics of childbirth. Couples are provided with current labor technique information in a private, appointment only setting.
• Newborn Care: 7-9 p.m. Nov. 7 and 14 at the Community Health and Wellness Center. There is a fee.
• Weekend prepared childbirth class: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 12, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Registration fee.
• Prepared childbirth class: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 9, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Fee per couple. This course guides parents and support persons through childbirth, including labor, delivery, breathing, and relaxation.
• Prenatal breastfeeding: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 16 at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Fee per couple.
• Live Your Best Life: 9-11:30 a.m. Thursdays through Nov. 17. Learn how to manage conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, chronic pain, depression, COPD, heart failure, or any health problem that alters your lifestyle. Topics to be covered include nutrition, exercise, medications, communicating with your doctor, pain, fatigue, and action planning. Free.
• Why Weight: 6-7:15 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 30, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Why Weight is a six-week weight management program led by a certified health coach and registered dietitian. There is a fee for the six-week session.
• Healthcare Provider CPR Class: 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 17, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. There is a fee. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• HeartCode BLS Skills Check Class: 8:30 a.m. Nov. 11 at the Community Health and Wellness Center. There is a fee. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• Senior Strong: Heartsaver Adult/Child/Infant CPR Class: 9 a.m.-noon Nov. 4 at the Community Health and Wellness Center. There is a fee.Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• AARP Smart Driver Refresher Course: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Nov. 15, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. A four-hour driver safety course for those who have previously attended the eight-hour course. Fees for AARP members and non-members. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• Diabetes Education Program: 3 p.m. Nov. 30, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. This month’s topic: Understanding Your Diabetes Medication. Registration required, call 570-522-2893.
To register for classes, call Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com. The Community Health and Wellness Center is now located at 210 JPM Road, Lewisburg, in Suite 200.
Talk with the Doc: Learning to Manage Diabetes
A Talk with the Doc discussion on diabetes will be held at Evangelical Community Hospital on Nov. 29 in the Apple Conference Rooms located at the rear of the O’Keefe Dining Room.
A complimentary meal will be offered at 5:30 p.m. with the talk starting at 6:30 p.m.
The panel discussion will address the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, and will touch on treatment, diet, and lifestyle changes that help manage and control diabetes including the benefits of insulin pump therapy. There will be a question and answer period with the diabetes experts following the program.
The event is free and open to the public. Registration is required and can be completed by calling 570-768-3200 or online at www.evanhospital.com.