UPMC Susquehanna sets healthy events
UPMC Susquehanna announces healthy events scheduled to provide health information and benefit the community.
They are as follows:
11:30 a.m. to noon Thursday
Introduction to Guided Meditation
Thursdays in February at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St. Class size is limited. Register by calling 1-877-883-4791.
5 to 6 p.m. Wednesday
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter
An opportunity to exchange tips about breastfeeding, receive breastfeeding support and discuss parenting concerns at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St. To register, call 570-321-2069 or go to UPMCSusquehanna.org/Events.
7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday
Heartworks Grief Support for Young Adults
A grief-support group for young adults ages 18 through 35. Meetings at Divine Providence Hospital. To register, call 570-320-7691 or 1-888-499-3177.
6:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday
All-inclusive blood screening in Lock Haven
At the UPMC Susquehanna’s Medical Plaza. Obtain a screening form from your provider and have it completed for the day of your screening. Cash, check or credit card payment is required at the time of service. An appointment is required and may be scheduled by calling 570-321-3210.
7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday
“Being Mortal” film screening
A free, community film screening of the documentary “Being Mortal” at the Trade & Transit Center II in Williamsport. For more information, call 570-320-7680.
1:30 p.m. Thursday
Family & Friend CPR Anytime at The LifeCenter
The hands-on program includes a free training kit with mini Annie doll, booklet and DVD to share with family and friends. Seating is limited. To register, call 1-877-883-4791.
Soldiers & Sailors schedules events
7-8:30 p.m. Feb. 28; C-Section and Breastfeeding
At the Cedar Conference Room for expectant parents to address common questions; walk-ins welcome. For more information, call 570-723-0375.
10:30 a.m.-noon Feb. 28
Bereavement support group
Group meets the fourth Tuesday each month to help connect those processing loss. Information: 570-723-0760. Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital; check front lobby or door signage for room location.
Solders & Sailors infant CPR program
Sitters and friends of those expecting are welcome to attend. Registration is required. To learn more or to register, contact Brenda Shumway 570-723-0192; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk with the Doc on heart disease
LEWISBURG — A Talk with the Doc discussion focused on heart health will be at Evangelical Community Hospital on Wednesday in the Apple Conference Rooms located at the rear of the O’Keefe Dining Room. A complimentary meal will be offered at 5:30 p.m. with the talk starting at 6:30. Registration is required and can be completed by calling 570-768-3200 or online at www.evanhospital.com.
Evangelical holds screenings
LEWISBURG– Community Health and Wellness at Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of screenings.
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays, noon-4 p.m. Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 10 a.m.-noon Feb. 28, Milton YMCA
Blood sugar screenings:
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays and Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 10 a.m.-noon Feb. 28, Milton YMCA
Comprehensive blood screen:
• 7-10 a.m. Feb. 28, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Appointments required. Call 570-768-3200.
Free heart screens:
• 7-10 a.m. Friday at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Appointments required. Results will be reviewed by a physician and mailed to you. A 12-hour fast is required prior to your appointment.
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of classes. They are as follows:
Prepared childbirth classes:
• Prepared childbirth refresher class: Dates are not pre-determined; call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-786-3200 to schedule your class. Registration fee.
• HeartCode BLS Skills Check Class: 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Fee with registration required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, and AED Skills Check Class: 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Community Health and Wellness Center. For anyone with little to no medical training in need of a course completion card. Participants must complete the online portion through the AHA website before taking this class. Fee with registration required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• Live Your Best Life: 9:3- a.m.-noon today. Learn how to manage conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, chronic pain, depression, COPD, heart failure or any health problem that alters your lifestyle. Free.
To register for classes, call Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com. The Community Health and Wellness Center is located at 210 JPM Road, Lewisburg, in Suite 200.