Annual blood drive is set for Sunday
The fifth annual “In Memory of Greyson Blood Drive” will be held 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Zafar Grotto Rafaz Club, 381 E. Second Ave., South Williamsport.
Donors can bring along a children’s book for donation to the James V. Brown Library to honor the memory of Greyson Allen.
UPMC Susquehanna sets healthy events
UPMC Susquehanna announces healthy events scheduled to provide health information and benefit the community.
They are as follows:
5 to 6 p.m. March 22
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter offers moms an opportunity to exchange tips and discuss parenting concerns. This month’s meetings will be held at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St. To register, call 570-321-2069.
7 to 8:30 p.m. today and March 28
Expectant parents classes at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital
Caring for Your Newborn today in the Boardroom and What to Expect after Baby’s Birth on March 28 in the Cedar Conference Room. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call 570-723-0375.
6:30 p.m. Wednesday
Coping with Cancer at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital
For all those affected by cancer and their loved ones. Check front lobby signage for room location. For more information, call 570-723-0485.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday
Osteoporosis screening at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St.
A quick and painless ultrasound heel screening to measure bone density level. There is a cost. To schedule an appointment, call 1-877-883-4791.
6:30 p.m. Thursday
Better Breathers at Solders & Sailors Memorial Hospital
For those with chronic lung problems. Third Thursday each month in the boardroom. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call 570-723-0194.
5:30 to 6:30 p.m. March 21
Getting Healthy for Your Surgery at the Williamsport YMCA
For those with an elective surgical procedure scheduled in the next three-to-12 months. To register, call 1-877-883-4791.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 23
AARP driver safety refresher course at The LifeCenter
For individuals who previously have attended the two-day, eight-hour AARP Driver Safety Course. Call the Lincoln Senior Center at 570-323-3096 Monday or Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Prepayment for AARP members and non-members is required.
6 p.m. March 25
Auxiliary hosts Sock Hop Fundraiser
SSMH Auxiliary’s “Sock Hop!” fundraiser.. Pre-order tickets available at a discount. The Armory Building in Wellsboro. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 570-723-0191.
10 a.m. March 28
Diabetes Alert Day Lobby Chat at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St.
A lobby chat in coordination with the American Diabetes Association’s Alert Day.
10:30 a.m. to noon March 28
Bereavement support group at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital
UPMC Susquehanna’s Home Care & Hospice bereavement support group meets the fourth Tuesday each month. Check for room location in the front lobby. For information, call 570-723-0760.
6:30 a.m. to noon March 29
All-inclusive blood screening at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St.
Obtain a screening form from your provider and have it completed for the day of your screening. Payment is required at the time of service. An appointment is required and may be scheduled by calling 570-321-3210.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 29 and 30
AARP driver safety course at The LifeCenter
To register, call the Lincoln Senior Center at 570-323-3096, Monday or Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Prepayment for fees for AARP members and non-members.
LEWISBURG — Community Health and Wellness at Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of screenings.
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays, noon-4 p.m. Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 9-11 a.m. March 22, Mifflinburg YMCA
• 10 a.m.-noon March 28, Milton YMCA
Blood sugar screenings:
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays and Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 8-10 a.m. Thursday, Community Health and Wellness Center
• 10 a.m.-noon March 28, Milton YMCA
Comprehensive blood screen:
7-10 a.m. Wednesday, at the Elmcroft of Loyalsock, Montoursville. Fee and appointments required. Call 570-768-3200.
Free bone density screen:
1-3 p.m. Thursday, at the Community Health and Wellness Center.
Evangelical sets support groups
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital has scheduled its roster of support groups. They are as follows:
• Alcoholics Anonymous: noon-1 p.m. Sundays, Evangelical Community Hospital in Wood-Mode Conference Room, located on the hospital’s lower level.
• Empty Arms: 7 p.m. March 20, at Evangelical Community Hospital, Wood-Mode Conference Rooms. Call the Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 to register.
• Better Breathers Club: 6 p.m. March 21, at Evangelical Community Hospital’s Cardiac Rehab Conference Room..
• Camp Koala –Bereavement Support Group for Kids: Thursdays, March 23-April 27, 5:30-7 p.m., Hospice of Evangelical, 235 Hospital Drive. For children ages 6-12. Call 570-522-2776. Register at campkoala.org/supportgroups.
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of classes. They are as follows:
Prepared childbirth classes:
• Prepared childbirth refresher class: Dates are not pre-determined; call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-786-3200 to schedule your class.
Registration fee. Designed to refresh parents on the basics of childbirth.
• Prenatal breastfeeding: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Fee per couple. For the expectant mother and one support person. The course covers the advantages of breastfeeding and the common concerns associated with it.
• Prepared childbirth class: Thursdays, March 23- April 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Fee per couple. The course guides parents and support persons through childbirth, including labor, delivery, breathing and relaxation. Class runs for four consecutive weeks.
• Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, and AED Skills Check Class: 12:30 p.m. Friday, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for first aid, CPR, and AED training. It’s intended for anyone with little to no medical training in need of a course completion card. Participants must complete the online portion through the AHA website before taking this class. Fee with registration is required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• HeartCode BLS Skills Check Class: 8:30 a.m. Friday, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. For health-care professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal course and have completed the online portion through the American Heart Association website. Fee with registration is required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• Why Weight: 6-7:15 p.m. April 5, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. A six-week weight management program led by a certified health coach and registered dietitian. Topics to be covered include healthy meal planning, exercise and behavior modification strategies designed to facilitate lifestyle change and gradual lasting weight loss. Fee for the six-week session. Call 570-768-3200 to register.
• Diabetes Education Program: 3-4 p.m. Wednesday, at the West Branch Medical Center Conference Room. This month’s topic: Foot care for diabetes. Registration required, call 570-768-3138.
• Consider Cloth: 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Community Health and Wellness Center. An interactive evening learning about the benefits of using cloth diapers. Different styles of cloth diapers will be available for a hands-on experience. Learn how cloth diapers can save money, are easy to use and are an Earth-friendly choice. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• AARP Smart Driver Refresher Course: 12:30-4:30 p.m. March 22, the Community Health and Wellness Center. A four-hour driver safety course for those who previously have attended the eight-hour course. Fees for AARP members and non-AARP members. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• Senior Strong: 10 a.m. March 24, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. This month’s topic: Alzheimer’s disease. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• Wellness coaching: Stay on track with your New Year’s resolution. To work with a health coach, call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-768-3200 for prices and information.
To register for classes, call Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com. The Community Health and Wellness Center is now located at 210 JPM Road, Lewisburg, in Suite 200.