UPMC Susquehanna sets healthy events
UPMC Susquehanna announces healthy events scheduled to provide health information and benefit the community.
They are as follows:
5 to 6 p.m. Wednesday
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter offers moms an opportunity to exchange tips about breastfeeding, receive breastfeeding support and discuss parenting concerns. At The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St. Free weight checks for baby are available. Light refreshments are provided. To register, call 570-321-2069.
7 to 8:30 p.m. March 28
Expectant parents classes
At Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital. Free. The topic is What to Expect after Baby’s Birth in the Cedar Conference Room. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call 570-723-0375.
6:30 p.m. Third Thursday
For those with chronic lung problems. The group meets in the boardroom at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital and features rotating guest speakers. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call 570-723-0194.
5:30 to 6:30 p.m. today
Getting Healthy for Your Surgery
For those with an elective surgical procedure scheduled in the next three-to-12 months. The session is the Williamsport YMCA. To register, call 1-877-883-4791.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday
AARP driver safety refresher course at The LifeCenter
For individuals who have previously attended the two-day, eight-hour AARP Driver Safety Course. To register, call the Lincoln Senior Center at 570-323-3096 Monday or Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Prepayment for AARP members and non-members is required. Checks can be mailed to the Lincoln Senior Center, 2138 Lincoln St., Williamsport, PA 17701.
6 p.m. Saturday
Auxiliary hosts Sock Hop Fundraiser
SSMH Auxiliary’s “Sock Hop!” Fifties’ themed games, dining and live entertainment. Funds will be raised for the Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital auxiliary’s laboratory equipment project. Pre-order tickets available at a discount. The event is at the Armory Building in Wellsboro. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 570-723-0191.
10 a.m. March 28
Diabetes Alert Day Lobby Chat at The LifeCenter
The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St., will hold a lobby chat in coordination with the American Diabetes Association’s Alert Day. The discussion will cover the risks of developing diabetes and daily actions to reduce your risk. A risk assessment and review of the assessment will be offered to participants. Light refreshments will be provided.
10:30 a.m. to noon March 28
Bereavement support group
UPMC Susquehanna’s Home Care & Hospice bereavement support group meets the fourth Tuesday each month at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hosptial to help connect those processing loss. Attendees are asked to check for room location signage in the front lobby. For more information, call 570-723-0760.
6:30 a.m. to noon March 29
All-inclusive blood screening at The LifeCenter
Obtain a screening form from your provider and have it completed for the day of your screening. Cash, check or credit card payment is required at the time of service. An appointment is required and may be scheduled by calling 570-321-3210.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 29 and 30
AARP driver safety course at The LifeCenter
For drivers over age 50. To register, call the Lincoln Senior Center at 570-323-3096, Monday or Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Checks can be mailed to the Lincoln Senior Center, 2138 Lincoln St., Williamsport, PA 17701.
Talk with the Doc: Palliative care
LEWISBURG — A Talk with the Doc panel discussion focused on palliative care, what it is, the difference between it and Hospice care, and more will be held at Evangelical Community Hospital starting at 6:30 p.m. April 11 in the Apple Conference Rooms at the rear of the O’Keefe Dining Room.
A complimentary meal will be offered at 5:30 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public. Registration is required and can be completed by calling 570-768-3200 or online at www.evanhospital.com.
LEWISBURG — Community Health and Wellness at Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of screenings.
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays, noon-4 p.m. Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 9-11 a.m. Wednesday, Mifflinburg YMCA
• 10 a.m.-noon March 28, Milton YMCA
Blood sugar screenings:
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays and Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 10 a.m.-noon March 28, Milton YMCA
Evangelical sets support groups
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital has scheduled its roster of support groups. They are as follows:
• Alcoholics Anonymous: noon-1 p.m. Sundays, Evangelical Community Hospital in Wood-Mode Conference Room, located on the hospital’s lower level.
• Better Breathers Club: 6 p.m. today, at Evangelical Community Hospital’s Cardiac Rehab Conference Room. Topic: Making the most of your doctor visits.
• Camp Koala–Bereavement Support Group for Kids: Thursdays through April 27, 5:30-7 p.m., Hospice of Evangelical, 235 Hospital Drive. For children ages 6-12. Dinner will be served at the beginning of each session. Call 570-522-2776 for more information. Register at campkoala.org/supportgroups.
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of classes. They are as follows:
Prepared childbirth classes
• Prepared childbirth refresher class: Dates are not pre-determined; call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-786-3200 to schedule your class. Registration fee. Designed to refresh parents on the basics of childbirth.
• Prepared childbirth class: Thursdays through April 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Fee per couple. Class runs for four consecutive weeks.
• Why Weight: 6-7:15 p.m. April 5, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. A six-week weight management program led by a certified health coach and registered dietitian. Topics to be covered include healthy meal planning, exercise and behavior modification strategies designed to facilitate lifestyle change and gradual lasting weight loss. Fee for the six-week session. Call 570-768-3200 to register.
• AARP Smart Driver Refresher Course: 12:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, the Community Health and Wellness Center. A four-hour driver safety course for those who previously have attended the eight-hour course. Fees for AARP members and non-AARP members. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• Senior Strong: 10 a.m. Friday, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. This month’s topic: Alzheimer’s disease. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• Wellness coaching: Stay on track with your New Year’s resolution. To work with a health coach, call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-768-3200 for prices and information.
To register for classes, call Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com. The Community Health and Wellness Center is now located at 210 JPM Road, Lewisburg, in Suite 200.