UPMC Susquehanna sets healthy events
UPMC Susquehanna announces healthy events scheduled to provide health information and benefit the community.
They are as follows:
7 to 8:30 p.m. today
Expectant parents classes
At Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital. Free series of expectant parents classes addressing common questions. The topic is What to Expect after Baby’s Birth in the Cedar Conference Room. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call 570-723-0375.
6:30 p.m. third Thursday of the month
For those with chronic lung problems. The group meets in the boardroom at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital and features rotating guest speakers. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call 570-723-0194.
10 a.m. today
Diabetes Alert Day Lobby Chat at The LifeCenter
The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St., will hold a lobby chat in coordination with the American Diabetes Association’s Alert Day. Light refreshments will be provided.
10:30 a.m. to noon fourth Thursday
Bereavement support group
Group meets at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hosptial. Attendees are asked to check for room location signage in the front lobby. For more information, call 570-723-0760.
6:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday
All-inclusive blood screening at The LifeCenter
Obtain a screening form from your provider and have it completed for the day of your screening. Cash, check or credit card payment is required at the time of service. An appointment is required and may be scheduled by calling 570-321-3210.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
AARP driver safety course at The LifeCenter
For drivers over age 50. To register, call the Lincoln Senior Center at 570-323-3096, Monday or Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Prepayment for fees for both AARP members and non-members is required. Checks can be mailed to the Lincoln Senior Center, 2138 Lincoln St., Williamsport, PA 17701.
Noon to 5 p.m. April 3
Community blood drive at SSMH
In the Boardroom at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital. Appointments are not necessary, but can be made if preferred. For more information or to make an appointment, call 570-723-0131 or visit FourHearts.org.
1:30 p.m. April 5, 12, 19 and 26
Diabetes education classes
At the Diabetes & Nutrition Care Center, Divine Providence Hospital. Participants receive the Living Well with Diabetes Self Care workbook that will be used in all classes and a blood glucose meter. Obtain a referral from your primary care physician. Register by calling 570-326-8410.
5 to 6 p.m. April 5 and 19
Baby Cafe at The LifeCenter
At The LifeCenter, Moms can exchange tips about breastfeeding, receive breastfeeding support and discuss parenting concerns at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St., Williamsport. Free weight checks for baby are available. Light refreshments. To register, call 570-321-2069.
9:15 a.m. to noon April 11
Eye health and safety vision screening at The LifeCenter
A free vision screening for preschool-aged children through adults at The LifeCenter, 641 Walnut St., Williamsport. Provided by North Central Sight Services. To schedule an appointment, call 1-877-883-4791.
7 to 8:30 p.m. April 11 and 25
Free expectant parents classes at SSMH
This month’s classes are “Physical and Emotional Changes” on April 11 in the Mt. Laurel Boardroom and “Labor and Delivery — OB Tour” on April 25 in the Cedar Conference Room. Participants may join at any time and walk-ins are welcomed. For more information, all 570-723-0375.
Solders & Sailors infant CPR program
WELLSBORO — At Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital. Not just for expecting or new parents, extended families, sitters and friends of those expecting also are welcome to attend. Classes will be offered on the fourth Thursday of each month. Registration is required.
To learn more or to register, contact Brenda Shumway at 570-723-0192 or email@example.com.
Talk with the Doc: Palliative care
LEWISBURG — A Talk with the Doc panel discussion focused on palliative care, what it is, the difference between it and Hospice care, and more will be held at Evangelical Community Hospital starting at 6:30 p.m. April 11 in the Apple Conference Rooms at the rear of the O’Keefe Dining Room.
A complimentary meal will be offered at 5:30 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public. Registration is required and can be completed by calling 570-768-3200 or online at www.evanhospital.com.
Talk with the Doc: Chronic knee pain
LEWISBURG — Dr. Charles Cole will be presenting a free Talk with the Doc lecture on chronic knee pain at the SUN Orthopaedics of Evangelical office, 435 River Ave., Williamsport, at 6:30 p.m. April 17.
The free event is open to the public. Registration is required and can be completed by calling 570-768-3200.
LEWISBURG — Community Health and Wellness at Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of screenings.
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays, noon-4 p.m. Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 10 a.m.-noon today, Milton YMCA
Blood sugar screenings:
• 9 a.m.-noon Mondays and Fridays, Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
• 10 a.m.-noon today, Milton YMCA
Blood pressure screenings:
• 10 a.m.-noon April 3, Mifflinburg Bank and Trust, Fairground Road, Lewisburg
• Mondays, 9 a.m.-noon; Wednesdays, Noon-4 p.m.; Fridays, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m., Community Health and Wellness Center, Lewisburg
For more information, call Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com. The Community Health and Wellness Center is now located at 210 JPM Road, Lewisburg, in Suite 200.
Evangelical sets support groups
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital has scheduled its roster of support groups. They are as follows:
• Alcoholics Anonymous: noon-1 p.m. Sundays, Evangelical Community Hospital in Wood-Mode Conference Room, located on the hospital’s lower level.
• Camp Koala–Bereavement Support Group for Kids: Thursdays, March 23-April 27, 5:30-7 p.m., Hospice of Evangelical, 235 Hospital Drive. For children ages 6-12 who have experienced the death of a parent, primary caregiver or sibling. Dinner will be served at the beginning of each session. Call 570-522-2776 for more information. Register at campkoala.org/supportgroups.
• Stroke: 2-3:30 p.m. April 4, at Evangelical Community Hospital’s third floor Rehabilitation Unit.
• Bariatric: 6 p.m. April 5, at Weis Markets, Lewisburg. This month the group will be touring the grocery store. Registration required. Call 570-768-3143 to register.
For more information on any of these support groups, please call Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com. The Community Health and Wellness Center is now located at 210 JPM Road, Lewisburg, in Suite 200.
LEWISBURG — Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of classes. They are as follows:
Prepared childbirth classes:
• Prepared childbirth refresher class: Dates are not pre-determined; call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-786-3200 to schedule your class. Registration fee. Designed to refresh parents on the basics of childbirth.
• Prepared childbirth class: Thursdays, March 23- April 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Fee per couple. Class runs for four consecutive weeks.
• Health care provider CPR class: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. April 7, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. For those in need of CPR certification. Fee and registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED Skills Class: 8:30 a.m. April 14 or 12:30 p.m. April 28, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Paticipants must complete the online portion through the AHA website before taking this class. Fee and registration is required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• HeartCode BLS Skills Check Class: 12:30 p.m. April 14 or 8:30 a.m. April 28, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Structured Basic Life Support (BLS) hands on session is for health care professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal course and have completed the online portion through the American Heart Association website. Fee amd registration is required; call 570-768-3200 or register online.
• Heartsaver Adult/Child/Infant CPR & AED: 6-10 p.m. April 19, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Registration fee.
• AARP Smart Driver: 12:30-4:30 p.m. April 5 and April 6, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. Eight-hour driver safety course; four-hour sessions each day. Fees for AARP member and non-members. Registration is required, call 570-768-3200.
• Safe Sitters: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. April 8, at the Community Health and Wellness Center. For children ages 11 and up. Included is certification in American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR. Fee and registration required. Scholarships available.
• AARP Smart Driver Refresher Course: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. April 18, the Community Health and Wellness Center. Four-hour driver safety course for those who have previously attended the eight-hour course. Fees for AARP members and non-members. Registration is required; call 570-768-3200.
• Free Diabetes Education: 3-4 p.m. April 19, at the West Branch Medical Center Conference Room. This month’s topic: A Workout to Go. Call 570-522-3138 to register.
• Why Weight: April 5 and Wednesdays, April 19 to May 24, 6-7:15 p.m., at the Community Health and Wellness Center. A six-week weight management program led by a certified health coach and registered dietitian. This is a cost for the six-week session. Call 570-768-3200 to register.
• Senior Strong, Dealing with Stress: 10 a.m. April 21, at the Community Health and Wellness Center.
• Wellness coaching: Stay on track with your New Year’s resolution. To work with a health coach, call the Community Health and Wellness Center at 570-768-3200 for prices and information.
To register for classes, call Community Health and Wellness at 570-768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com. The Community Health and Wellness Center is now located at 210 JPM Road, Lewisburg, in Suite 200.