This football which is in the Lycoming College archives, is from the 1931 Dickinson Seminary vs Keystone Academy game, which Lycoming won 7-0. The football was originally given to Dickinson College in Carlisle, but made it's rightful home at Lycoming College. Lycoming College began in 1812 as the Williamsport Academy. In the 1840's the school became Williamsport Dickinson Seminary. In 1929 Williamsport Dickinson Seminary and Junior College emerged, it was the first private junior college in Pennsylvania. After moving to a full four college status in 1947 the school was known as Lycoming College, according to the Lycoming College website.
A game on the former Dickinson Seminary, athletic field, which is where the Lycoming College quad is today in this undated photo. SUN-GAZETTE FILE PHOTO