(EDITOR’S NOTE: The Sun-Gazette reserves the right to edit items submitted for the “Shooting Sports” section. To submit an event, call 570-326-1551, ext. 3116.)
Consolidated Sportsmen of Lycoming County
6386 Route 87, Loyalsockville; www.consolidatedsportsmen.com
Al Foust, 570-435-0043 or email@example.com
OPEN TRAP SHOOTS:
• Sundays at 12:30 p.m. and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.; $4 for members, $6 non-members. Call Jeff Welliver at 570-435-0444.
• Broken Rock Skeet Club’s two ranges open at 6 p.m. Wednesdays and 12:30 p.m. Sundays. Instruction is available. Call Ed Kelley at 570-322-5582 for details.
Keystone Sportsmen’s Association
1090 Hughes Road, Muncy
Call 570-546-5779 between 5-8 p.m. Thursdays or leave a message.
ATA-REGISTERED TRAP SHOOTS:
Nov. 12-13 and 26-27; Dec. 10-11
Contact Don Daughenbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-435-0451.
Lambs Creek Sportsman’s Club
339 Sportsman’s Club Road, Mansfield
All events are open to general public; family participation encouraged.
• Running deer shoots will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 30; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 6, 13, 20; and 1 p.m. to sunset Nov. 27.
• Sight-in days are planned for 10 a.m. to sunset on Nov. 26 and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 27.
Nessmuk Rod and Gun Club
4646 Route 287, Wellsboro
Charlie Messina, 570-439-2192
• Running deer shoots, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 30, Nov. 13 and Nov. 26. Open to the public. Safety gear, eye and ear protection required. Handguns or .22-caliber rifles. Cost is $2 per pass with a limit of two shots per pass. The fee will be split, with 50 percent going to the highest shooter per round and the other 50 percent to the club.
• Handgun shoots will be held 6:15 p.m. on Tuesdays in November through the end of March. Any caliber handgun may be used but only with lead or cast bullets. Five targets for 10 rounds each. Cost is $3 for members and $5 for non-members. The indoor range is heated and has seven shooting stations. For information, call Kyle Knowlton at 570-439-0849.
• Rifle shoots will be at held 6:15 p.m. on Thursdays in November through the end of March. Only .22-caliber rifles will be allowed at the indoor range. Shooters will be given one target with 10 bulls-eyes. Cost is $3 for members and $5 for non-members. The indoor range is heated and has seven shooting stations. For information, call Kyle Knowlton at 570-439-0849.
Southern Clinton County Sportsman’s Club
55 S. Sportsmans Road, Loganton; Shirley and Tom Jeffries, 570-725-3561
Proceeds from sporting clay shoots benefit the Youth Hunter Education Challenge team
• Public trap shooting, 1 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month, weather permitting. Open to the public.
• Club meetings, 7:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at the clubhouse.
Firearms Training & Educational Center AT Tripoli’s Triggers
531 Washington Blvd.
• One-on-one firearms training, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Each class is one hour long. Call to register; payment due in advance; carry permit and state photo identification card required.
• The principles that help people cope with personal threats to their safety and security are taught in the Level 1 Firearms Training program that provides exposure to situational awareness, tactical techniques and live fire training with both a pistol and a revolver. Registration and payment in advance; carry permit and state photo identification card are required.
• Level II is the next step up and provides the interested shooter with advanced training in weapon use. It is a 50-round course, focuses on strong and weak hand firing techniques and various shooting venues. Must have Level I training to participate.
• Call to make reservations for the following programs: How to be Prepared in Your Home; Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission certification for retired law enforcement officers; ladies five-week class; Level 1 Tactical Techniques; Situational Awareness; and Live Fire Training with a Pistol and a Revolver.
Troy Rod & Gun Club
Gate 3, Alparon Park, Troy; Barry Estep, 570-297-8957
• 5-stand, trap and skeet matches from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays.