Revamped Sunday Region section now includes Outdoors news
The Sun-Gazette recently consolidated its Sunday Region and Outdoors sections into one combined section, which generally will be the “B” section every week. Outdoors formerly was the “F” section.
With this consolidation will come some changes to content because instead of having six pages per section, there now will be about six pages total.
Changes will include:
• The auction report from Dewart Livestock Market will be published only on the first Sunday of every month. It usually will appear on Page B-2.
• The “Outdoor Briefs” column that listed events for outdoorsmen and women now will be known as the “Out & About” column and also will include event announcements for agriculture and regional happenings. It will be published when space permits within the “B” section.
• Bill Bower’s column “Reflections in Nature” will be published on the second and fourth Sundays.
• The “Shooting Sports” column will be published on the third Sunday of each month.
• The “In the Parks” column will be published on the first Sunday of each month.
Continuing unchanged will be:
• The Lycoming Audubon Society’s column “Bird Lore,” which is published every other week.
• The Project Bald Eagle column, which is published on the first Sunday.
• Don Daughenbaugh’s column “Afield with Friends,” which is published on the first Sunday.
• The Lycoming County Master Gardener’s weekly column/questionnaire “Get Growing with the Master Gardeners” will continue through the spring and summer.
In addition, the Travel section, which formerly was part of the Outdoors section, now can be found in the “E,” or Lifestyles section. This week, it is on Pages E-10 and 11.
The Sun-Gazette welcomes readers’ comments and suggestions. Please share your opinions by contacting David Troisi, editor, at 570-326-1551, ext. 3121, or firstname.lastname@example.org.