Construction to begin on Route 154 bridge in Forks Township
Construction for the Route 154 bridge spanning Double Run in Forks Township, Sullivan County, is scheduled to begin as part of the state’s Department of Transportation’s Rapid Bridge Replacement Project. Replacement of this bridge will allow PennDOT to remove it from Sullivan County’s structurally deficient bridge list.
Construction is expected to begin during the week of June 26 and be complete in late September. An alternating traffic pattern will be controlled by temporary stop signs.
Central Susquehanna Valley Transportation update for this week
Work is progressing on the Northern Section of the Central Susquehanna Valley Transportation project in Northumberland, Union and Snyder counties as follows:
The reconstruction of Route 147 north of Ridge Road continues. There will be lane closures with flaggers providing traffic control. The contractor will work around the clock, including this weekend, through next week.
Motorists should expect delays and plan their travels accordingly.
Construction continues on the river bridge piers on the west side of the river.
Construction of acceleration and deceleration lanes on Route 15 north of Grangers Road in Monroe Township, Snyder County, which is part of the construction of the Winfield Interchange, will continue next week.
The passing lanes on Route 15 are closed in both directions while work is completed in the median.
A detour is scheduled to begin on a section of County Line Road located west of Route 15 on Wednesday. The detour route uses Route 1017, Grangers Road and Route 15.
on Iron Mine Road
in Bradford County begins this week
On Monday, a PennDOT bridge crew in Bradford County will begin a bridge replacement project on Route 4019 in Columbia Township.
The existing 31-foot-long steel I-beam bridge, which was built in 1948, spans Sugar Creek near the intersection with Route 4016. It will be replaced with a precast box culvert.
A detour will be in place during this approximately nine-week project using Route 4010 and Austinville Road.
Rumble strip project on multiple routes
in Bradford County begins this week
On Monday, a contractor will begin a rumble strip project on multiple routes in Bradford County.
This project includes rumble strip installation and line painting on routes 187, 467, 1043 and 706.
There will be single lane closures under daylight flagging. Motorists should be alert and drive with caution through the work zones.
Work is expected to be completed by mid-September.
Work on multiple bridges in Snyder, Union counties to start
A project to install waterproofing systems on the decks of 19 bridges in Snyder and Union counties is set to begin on Monday.
Work will be performed on bridges on the following roads:
• Three bridges on Route 4012 in Spring Township, Snyder County
• Two bridges on Creek Road in Adams Township, Snyder County
• Two bridges on Creek Road in Beaver Township, Snyder County
• One bridge on Creek Road, Franklin Township, Snyder County
• One bridge on Route 44 in Gregg Township, Union County
• One bridge on Strawbridge Road in Kelly Township, Union County
• One bridge on Route 192 in Hartley Township, Union County
• One bridge on Brouse Road in Limestone Township, Union County
• One bridge on Route 45 in Hartley Township, Union County
• One bridge on Route 4018 in Adams Township, Snyder County
• Two bridges on Pine Swamp Road in Beaver Township, Snyder County
• One bridge on Route 4003 in West Beaver Township, Snyder County
• One bridge on Route 4003 in McClure Borough, Snyder County
• One bridge on Route 4006 in West Beaver Township, Snyder County
Additional work includes paving, shoulder work and parapet cleaning. This work will be performed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and Fridays, as needed.
There will be single-lane closures with flaggers providing traffic control. Motorists should be alert and drive with caution through the work zones.
Work is expected to be completed in early September.
Resurfacing on Route 14 in Bradford County begins this week
A 4.25-mile resurfacing project on Route 14 in Bradford County is set to begin Monday.
The project limits are from Snedekerville Road in Columbia Township to Thompson Hill Road in South Creek Township.
Work includes mill and resurfacing, guide rail upgrades, tree trimming, drainage improvements and rumble strips.
The contractor will work weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.. There will be alternating lane restrictions with flaggers providing traffic control.
Motorists should be alert and drive with caution through the work zone.
The project is expected to be completed in late October, weather permitting.
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by the state Department of Transportation in the following counties this week:
• Bridge flushing along Route 180 in various townships.
• Patching along Route 118 in Jordan Township.
• Bridge replacement and closing along Route 2004 in Washington Township.
• Bridge cleaning along routes 14 in Lewis and McNett townships; 973 in Lycoming Township; and 15 in various townships.
• Pipe replacement and patching along Route 2029 in Eldred Township.
• Shoulder cutting along Route 442 in Muncy Creek Township.
• Guide rail installation along Route 2061 in Penn Township.
• Pipe replacement along Route 1012 in Gregg Township.
• Sweeping along Route 15 in various townships.
• U-drain installation along Route 1008 in White Deer Township.
• Mow trimming along Route 1009 in White Deer Township.
• Traffic control bridge inspection team along Route 6 in Mansfield Borough.
• Mowing along routes 287 in Liberty Township; 2017 in Union Township; and 414 in Liberty, Morris and Union townships.
• Slide repair along Route 1005 in Rutland Township.
• Bridge deck replacement along Route 1013 in Jackson Township.
• Install inlet box, install cross pipe, patch pipe trench and ditching along Route 2014 in Hamilton Township.
• Patch pipe trench along routes 2022 in Sullivan Township and 2027 in Richmond Township.
• Manual patching along routes 3004 in Shippen Township and 3007 in Delmar Township.
• Base repair along Route 4022 in Nelson Township.
• Pipe repairs and ditch cleaning along Route 87 in Cherry Township.
• Shoulder cutting along Route 4001 in Elkland Township.
• Patching along Route 1006 in Cherry Township.
• Bridge replacement along Route 4008 in Elkland Township.
• Bridge replacement along Route 4019 in Columbia Township.
• Bank removal along Route 2008 in Albany Township.
• Shoulder stabilization along routes 3012 in Canton Township and 3024 in West Burlington Township.
• Patching along routes 414 in Canton Township; 2038 in Wyalusing Township; and 367 and 1014 in Tuscarora Township.
• Mowing road sides along various routes in Towanda and New Albany areas
• Rock lining along Route 4031 in Columbia Township.
• Ditch cleaning along Route 4024 in Ridgebury Township.
• Guiderail work along Route 154 in Canton Township.
• Pipe flushing countywide.
• Shoulder cutting along Route 2010 in Terry and Albany townships and Route 220 in Albany and Monroe townships.
• Mechanized patching along Route 414 in Canton Township.
• Patch pavement along Route 1030 in Pike Township.
• Sign installation and repair countywide.
• Belt loading along routes 54 and 61 in Mt. Carmel Township.
• Bridge along Route 1011 in Lewis Township.
• Paint markings along Route 147 in Point Township.
• Patching along routes 4004 in Upper Augusta Township; 1029 in East Chillisquaque Township; and 1007 in Delaware and Lewis townships.
• Sign repair along Route 1024 in Point Township.
• Brushing along Route 147 in Lower Mahanoy Township.
• Mowing and bridge flushing along various routes.