(EDITOR’S NOTE: The Sun-Gazette reserves the right to edit items submitted for the “Shooting Sports” section. To submit an event, call 570-326-1551, ext. 3116.)
Consolidated Sportsmen of Lycoming County
6386 Route 87, Loyalsockville
Al Foust, 570-435-0043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN TRAP SHOOTS:
• Sundays at 12:30 p.m. and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.; $4 for members, $6 non-members. Call Jeff Welliver at 570-435-0444.
• Broken Rock Skeet Club’s two ranges open at 6 p.m. Wednesdays and 12:30 p.m. Sundays. Instruction is available. Call Ed Kelley at 570-322-5582 for details.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING SHOOTS ARE SILHOUETTE MATCHES.
SMALLBORE SILHOUETTE RIFLE:
• Sept. 17 and Oct. 15. For times, call Dennis Hrinya, 570-320-2480 or 570-560-4697
HIGHPOWER & SEMI AUTO MILITARY:
• Sept. 23 (60-round shooter appreciation match). For time, call or email Adam Steppe, 570-745-3719; email@example.com
Hillside Archery Club
Taylor Run Road, Blossburg
Scott Heatley, 570-998-9255
facebook.com/Hillside Archery Club
• 3-D archery shoot on Sept. 17 with sign-ups from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fees are $8 for adults; $3 for youth ages 17 and younger.
Hillside Rod & Gun Club
625 Gulick St., Blossburg
Ray Stahl, 570-220-1997
• Through Oct. 29, open trap practice will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoons, except during the second week of the month, when practice will be held on Thursday night. Practice nights offer singles, handicap and doubles. The cost for members is $3; non-members, $4. All events are open to the public.
Keystone Sportsmen’s Association
1090 Hughes Road, Muncy
Call 570-546-5779 between 5-8 p.m. Thursdays or leave a message.
• Open trap shooting, 5-8 p.m. Thursdays year round.
• ATA-REGISTERED TRAP SHOOTS: Saturday and Sunday shoots start at 10 a.m.; Tuesday shoots start at 1 p.m. Shoots will be held Sept. 17, 19, 26; Oct. 3, 7-8, 10, 17, 21-22, 24, 31; Nov. 11-12; and Dec. 9-10.
Lambs Creek Sportsman’s Club
339 Sportsman’s Club Road, Mansfield
All events are open to general public; family participation encouraged.
• NRA-registered rimfire silhouette — Sept. 24. Register at 8 a.m.
• Monthly membership meeting — 7 p.m. Sept. 25, Oct. 23
• Work bee and road cleanup, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 1
• 5-stand sporting clays — 10 a.m. Oct. 8. Last signup at 1 p.m.
• Running deer shoot — 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 22, 29; Nov. 5, 12, 19
• Sight-in day — 10 a.m. to sunset Nov. 25
• Sight-in day and running deer shoot — 10 a.m. to sunset Nov. 26
Mill Cove Environmental Area
See www.millcovearea.org/about.html for directions.
• An eight-hour National Rifle Association basic pistol class will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 14 at the pistol range. It is open to novice and experienced pistol shooters and owners. Upon successfully completing a written test and shooting qualifications, participants will receive a completion certificate and a Basic Pistol Class rocker patch.
A shooter can bring his or her own pistol or revolver for the class or borrow one. Those who borrow one should bring 50 rounds of .22 long rifle ammunition; those who bring their own also should bring 50 rounds of ammunition for their gun.
Pants and long-sleeve shirts are recommended; shorts and open-toed shoes are not. Bring eye and ear protection.
Participants must let lead instructor Marilyn Jones know whether they plan to borrow or bring a weapon and whether they will need eye or ear protection; Jones may be reached at 570-549-2794 or jones–firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee for the class is $50. To register, send a check or money order to Marilyn Jones, 1155 Old State Road, Covington, PA 16917.
Nessmuk Rod and Gun Club
4646 Route 287, Wellsboro
Kyle Knowlton, 570-439-0849; Charlie Messina, 570-439-2192
• Trap shoot practices, 3 p.m. to dusk Thursdays through October, weather permitting. Fee applies per round of 25 clays.
• Shooters needed for Nessmuk’s team in the Northern Tier Trap League. Each of six clubs hosts two 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday shoots during the season and one club hosts the final shoot-out. Canton hosts the shoot-out on Sept. 24. For details, call Rick Niles at 570-439-0187 or email email@example.com.
North Mountain Sportsmen’s Club
562 Spook Hollow Road, Muncy Valley
• Trap and skeet shoots, 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through October.
Southern Clinton County Sportsman’s Club
55 S. Sportsmans Road, Loganton
Shirley and Tom Jeffries, 570-725-3561
Proceeds from sporting clay shoots will benefit the Youth Hunter Education Challenge team.
• Public trap shooting, 1 p.m. on the second and fourth Sunday of each month, weather permitting. Open to the public.
• Club meetings, 7:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at the clubhouse.
• Sporting clay shoots will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Sept. 17 and Oct. 15.
& Pistol Club
P.O. Box 341, Bridge Street, Towanda
Rifle range: Bridge Street, 3 miles west of Route 6
Tony Lombardi, match director, 570-404-3180
• 500-yard bench on the last Sunday of the month through September. Signups at 8:3 a.m., start at 9. Fee required. Bench means with front adjustable rest and rear bag. Forty rounds in two stages; unlimited sighters; any rifle and scope; no magnums or brakes.
Troy Rod & Gun Club
Gate 3, Alparon Park, Troy
Barry Estep, 570-297-8957
Find the club on Facebook.
• Summer hours are from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays for 5-stand, trap and skeet shooting.