PennDOT centers closed for holiday
The state Department of Transportation’s driver license and photo centers will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Customers may obtain a variety of driver and vehicle products and services, including all forms, publications and driver training manuals, online through PennDOT’s Driver and Vehicle Services website, www.dmv.pa.gov.
Driver and vehicle online services are available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week and include driver’s license, photo ID and vehicle registration renewals; driver-history services; changes of address; driver license and vehicle registration restoration letters; ability to pay driver license or vehicle insurance restoration fee; driver license and photo ID duplicates; and driver exam scheduling.
There are no additional fees for using online services.
Project update for upcoming week
Work is progressing on the Northern Section of the Central Susquehanna Valley Transportation (CSVT) project in Northumberland, Union and Snyder counties as follows:
Traffic is open to two lanes of traffic in both directions on Route 15.
However, Route 15 southbound will be restricted to a single lane during daylight hours so the contractor can work on the abutment for the permanent bridge spanning the highway.
These conditions will remain in place through the winter.
There will be no closures on Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The contractor will haul fill over the temporary bridge spanning the highway. Drainage work is ongoing.
Drilling will begin to prepare for future blasting operations. No date has been set for blasting.
There will be single lane closures under daylight flagging on Route 147 so trucks can haul material from the north side of the existing bridge over Chillisquaque Creek to the south side of the bridge.
Motorists should expect delays and watch for slow-moving vehicles.
There will be no traffic impacts on Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Approach work will be performed at the new bridge over Chillisquaque Creek.
Construction of Piers 1 through 8 continues on the west side of the river. Pier 4 is completed.
Work continues on the abutment on the east side of the river.
For more information on the CSVT project, please visit www.csvt.com.
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by the state Department of Transportation in the following counties this week:
• Crack sealing along Route 220 in Cherry Township.
• Ditch cleaning along Route 87 in Hillsgrove Township.
• Manual patching along routes 6 in Mansfield Borough and 2022 in Covington Township.
• Reset pipe along routes 6 in Shippen Township, 2018 in Charleston Township and 4035 in Charleston Township.
• Ditching along routes 249 in Westfield Township, 660 in Richmond Township, 1028 in Jackson Township and 3004 in Shippen Township.
• Patch pipe trench along routes 1002 in Richmond Township and 2020 in Covington Township.
• Rock lining along Route 1024 in Tioga Township.
• Grading dirt road along routes 2008, 2019 and 2012 in Union Township.
• Clear clogged inlet and flush pipe along Route 2017 in Union Township.
• Reset pipe along routes 2018 and 4035 in Charleston Township.
• Shoulder stabilization along Route 4017 in Osceola Township.
• U-drain installation along Route 3010 in Lewis Township.
• Crack sealing along Route 1002 in West Buffalo and Buffalo townships.
• Rock lining bank along Route 1006 in White Deer Township.
• Bridge repairs along Route 1022 in Rome Township.
• Drainage work along various routes in Canton area.
• Shoulder stabilization along routes 1058 in Litchfield Township, 1049 in Pike Township, 1029 in Wysox and Rome townships and 6 in Standing Stone and Wyalusing townships.
• Crack sealing along routes 1022 in Sheshequin Township and 2001 in Wilmot Township.
• Rock protection along Route 14 in South Creek Township.
• Rock line ditch along Route 154 in Canton Township.
• Brush cutting along Route 2002 in Wilmot Township.
• Ditching along Route 220 in Albany and Monroe townships.
• Sign installation and repair county wide.
• Brushing along Route 554 in Armstrong Township.
• Crack sealing along routes 2023 in Loyalsock and Hepburn townships, 2039 in Loyalsock and Eldred townships, 1017 in Hepburn Township and 1002 in Lewis Township.
• Ditch cleaning along Route 2039 in Quiggleville.
• Inlet cleaning along Route 15 in Old Lycoming Township.
• Bridge work along routes 2014 in Newberry and 2039 in Loyalsock Township.
• Shoulder work along routes 1010 in Jackson Township, 1009 in Jackson Township and 3005 in Porter and Watson townships.
• Washout repair along Route 220 in Piatt Township.
• RAR Repair along various routes
• Crack sealing along routes 405 in Delaware and Milton Borough, 2001 in Rush Township and 225 in Zerbie Township.
• Shoulder cutting along routes 4004 in Upper Augusta Township and 125 in East Cameron Township.
• Sign upgrade along Route 11 in Point Township.
• Brushing along routes 3010 in Jackson Township and 2026 in Coal Township.
• Ditching along Route 2034 in Mt. Carmel Township.
• Patching along routes 2044 in East Cameron Township and 901 in Coal Township.