Firefighters put out garage fire
CLARKSTOWN Volunteer firefighers rushed to 4855 Clarkstown Road for a reported fire in a garage attached to a home about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Muncy Area Fire Chief Scott Delany, the first on the scene, confirmed the garage was on fire but said firefighters put out the bulk of the fire within minutes.
In addition to Muncy Area, firefighters from Hughesville, Pennsdale and Picture Rocks were dispatched to the fire but most of the equipment soon went available.
Shorly before 9 p.m., firefighters were called to the Alexander-Nissan dealership at 125 Lycoming Mall Road in Muncy Township for a report of flames and smoke through the building’s roof.
It turned out to be only smoke and fire from the structure’s chimney.