2 motorcyclists accused of leading police on separate high-speed chases

JERSEY SHORE – Two motorcyclists, in separates cases, face charges following high-speed pursuits with police that occurred on Labor Day weekend, according to court records filed at the office of District Judge Jerry C. Lepley.

James Matthew Confer, 36, of 438 N. Shaffer Hill Road, Cogan Station, fled from state Trooper Edward Dammer after making an illegal left turn onto Route 220 from North Pine Run Road in Woodward Township about 7 p.m. on Sept. 1.

After the trooper activated his cruiser’s emergency lights and siren, Confer continued to travel at a high rate of speed north on Route 220, then east on Browns Lane, turning to ride along a set of railroad tracks before stopping, police said.

Passenger Nicole Huff, who was riding on the motorcycle, told Dammer she was “in fear for her life” as Confer sped away from him. Confer had in his possession a bag of cocaine, Dammer said.

Charged with fleeing police, recklessly endangering, driving under the influence of a intoxciants, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia as well as six summary violations, Confer initially was committed to the Lycoming County Prison, but since has been released on $25,000 bail. He waived his preliminary hearing Wednesday before Lepley.

In the other case, Tiadaghton Valley Regional police have charged 22-year-old Loganton resident Jeffrey K. Chrisenberry following a Sept. 2 pursuit that began in the 100 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue in Jersey Shore and ended after the officer chasing him lost sight of the motorcycle in the area of Sixth and Tiadaghton avenues in Clinton County’s Pine Creek Township, police said.

Police determined Chrisenberry was the alleged operator after learning that a passenger on the motorcycle was Janessa Kniott, who in turn identified the operator for investigators.

Charged with recklessly endangering, reckless driving and three summary traffic violations following the 1:15 a.m. pursuit, Chrisenberry has been arraigned before Lepley and released on $20,000 bail. He since has waived his preliminary hearing.