Police: 2 more face charges in street fight that sent 5 to hospital

More charges have been filed in connection with a fight that took place Saturday night on Wildwood Boulevard and caused five people to seek hospital treatment.

Police allege that several of the injured people were beaten in the head with firearms and, now, three men face charges.

Tyler Scott Hamm, 19, and Sean Michael Grier, 37, both of 614 Thomas Ave., each have been charged with two felony accounts of aggravated assault, possession of an instrument of crime, simple assault and reckless endangerment.

Already charged in connection with the case was Tanner John Blanksby, 19, of 665 Wildwood Blvd., who was taken into custody early Monday morning. He has been charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment, terroristic threats, possession of an instrument of crime and carrying a firearm without a license.

The incident began when Marissa Floyd and Sarah Houser, who had been engaged in a disagreement, allegedly agreed to meet in the 600 block of Wildwood Boulevard to fight. Both women brought friends with them to the site. According to police, Grier and Hamm accompanied Floyd, while Ty Kinney and Jeffery Kaelin accompanied Houser.

The two woman allegedly began to fight as the two groups watched, police said. However, when Houser appeared to get the upper hand on Floyd, Blanksby intervened by allegedly hitting Houser on the left side of the head with a handgun, according to court records.

This action caused several other fights between the two groups, police said in the affidavit.

Charles Kaelin told police that he witnessed Hamm assault his brother, Jeff Kaelin. According to court records, Hamm pulled Jeff’s hood and shirt up over his head and “was making a stabbing motion with his arm.” Although Charles admitted he could not see Kaelin’s hand clearly, he allegedly heard Jeff “yell that he was being stabbed,” records state.

Charles admitted to police that he ran over and tried to help his brother, by hitting Hamm in the back of his head with a metal BB gun, according to court records.

Witnesses also saw Grier fighting with Kinney. Grier appeared to get the upper hand, and witnesses told police that Kinney, too, began to yell that he was being stabbed, records state.

Charles then told police that he saw Blanksby run over and help Kinney.

Blanksby, Kaelin, Houser and two unnamed victims were transported to the Williamsport Regional Medical Center to receive treatment for their wounds. Kaelin and Kinney both received treatment for stab wounds at the medical center.

Blanksby was taken into custody Monday and incarcerated on a probation violation. In mid-May 2012, he was charged for simple assault after allegedly pointing a handgun at a man and threatening to kill him in the 1400 block of Memorial Avenue in the city.

All three men were arraigned before District Judge James G. Carn. Hamm and Blanksby were arraigned Wednesday; Grier was arraigned Thursday. All three men are incarcerated in lieu of $100,000 bail.