Judge to handle several cases involving alleged heroin users

On the morning of March 1, Bellefonte resident Sierra Marie Hockenberry got in her car and drove to Loyalsock Township to meet up with a heroin dealer, state police said in court papers.

Just before 10 a.m., she pulled into a parking lot in the 1700 block of East Third Street and bought six bags of heroin from a dealer for $50, police were told.

Right after the dealer was out of sight, the 20-year-old injected three of the bags of heroin while she sat in her car, police said. Suddenly she overdosed and fell out of her car onto the pavement, police said.

Hockenberry was taken by ambulance to Williamsport Regional Medical Center, where she was treated and later discharged. Police recovered three heroin bags from her.

Charged with possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia, Hockenberry has been sent a summons to appear before District Judge Gary A. Whiteman for a preliminary hearing on Monday.

In a separate drug case, Phillip Mark Warfle Jr., 24, of Meshoppen, Wyoming County, also has a hearing Monday before Whiteman on the same charges that stem from an incident dating back to mid-April 2013, when he collapsed from a heroin overdose in a restroom in Loyalsock Township.

Warfle was taken by ambulance to the medical center after he overdosed on heroin at the Sunoco at River Avenue and Washington Boulevard.

At the hospital, a state trooper recovered seven baggies of heroin and five oxcodone-hydrocodone pills from Warfle’s wallet, according to an affidavit.

In a third heroin case, Whiteman is scheduled to handle on Monday, Amanda Lynn Stevens, 24, of Galeton, will have a preliminary hearing on state police charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.

The charges stem from an incident in the 1700 block of East Third Street on April 27, police said.

Whiteman on Wednesday arraigned a Daughin County man and his girlfriend on charges of possessing heroin and drug paraphernalia at Wal-Mart in Montoursville on May 14.

The boyfriend, Kenneth W. Wilkinson, 34, of Elizabethville, passed out at the department store while his girlfriend, Taryn Lynn Reeser, 30, of the same address, was taken to the borough police headquarters, where she soon started to pass out.

The two were treated at the medical center, but as soon as they had been discharged, they snuck into a bathroom and tried using heroin a second time.

Wilkinson and Reeser were jailed on city police charges that night and both remain incarcerated at the Lycoming County Prison. Reeser was charged this week with allegedly having six bags of heroin at Wal-Mart while Wilkinson was charged with having a syringe of the drug. Both were returned to the prison in lieu of $5,000 bail each.