15 individuals are charged with various crimes
Fifteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records.
Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Angel Louis Garcia, 28, of 824 Park Ave.; city police; convicted felon not to possess a firearm and possession of a prohibitive offensive weapon after officers found a sawed-off shotgun in the basement of his home, where police had been called for a domestic disturbance on Oct. 22; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Christopher Allen Thomas, 22, of 638 1/2 Third Ave.; state police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly striking Nichole Rae Benfer in the head, biting her left arm and pushing her to the ground during a domestic disturbance in the 1500 block of Randall Circle on Oct. 20; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail; victim was treated at the Williamsport Regional Medical Center.
• Donald Owen Holliday, 68, of 422 Oak St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; making unsworn falsification to authorities and accidents involving damage to unattended vehicle; allegedly filed a false police report claiming his vehicle had been struck by a hit-run vehicle in the 600 block of Allegheny Street on Oct. 7; turned out his was the alleged hit-run driver; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Katherine Elizabeth Hyde, 36, of 452 Market St.; state police; resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and harassment following a disturbance at Petco, 320 S. Lycoming Mall Road, Muncy, on Sept. 17; jailed in lieu of $20,000 bail.
• Almira L. Devan, 33, of 1648 Randall Circle; state police; misdemeanor shoplifting after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $429 worth of merchandise from Kmart, 1915 E. Third St., on Sept. 16; released on $2,500 bail.
• Erika Bethany Young, 35, of 761 W. Third St.; state police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing antiques from her father’s garage at 1515 Alvin Ave. and selling them to a local business during the first first week of September; released on $10,000 bail; the father was John Lehr.
• Charles Edward Ring, 75, of 221 N. Washington St., Montoursville; Montoursville police; misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly stealing $26 worth of merchandise from Wal-Mart, 1015 N. Loyalsock Ave., on Aug. 14; released on $2,500 bail; this was his second shoplifting arrest.
• Eric Neal Jones, 55, of Middleburg; city police; prostitution for allegedly hiring a woman to perform sexual favors at Washington Boulevard and Mulberry Street on June 21; released on $2,500; the woman, Sierra Berkheiser, 22, of the city, was charged earlier and remains free on bail.
• Jalil Donte Harris, 18, of 1835 Hazel Drive; city police; conspiracy to theft from a motor vehicle and conspiracy to receiving stolen property for his alleged involvement in the theft of items from three parked vehicles in the area of the 700 block of Hawthorne Avenue on June 15; released on $5,000 bail.
• Shawn Thomas Scudder, 33, of 528 Ruben Kehrer Road, Muncy; Muncy Township police; making unsworn falsification to authorities and attempted illegal sale of a firearm for allegedly putting down false information on a government form when he attempted to purchase a firearm at Gander Mountain, 66 Mall Parkway, Muncy, on June 2; released on $25,000 bail.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Travis Christian Klinger, 29, of 1940 Princeton Ave.; state police; burglary and related offenses for illegally entering Stauffer’s Greenhouse, 100 E. Lime Bluff Road, Muncy, and allegedly attempt to steal $115 in plants between May 1 and May 15; recommitted in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Owen Ritter, 24, of 326 Brandon Ave., and Greg Allan Barger, 20, of 626 Spruce St.; state police; misdemeanor shoplifting-related charges for allegedly stealing $354 worth of merchandise from Kmart, 1915 E. Third St., on Feb. 19; Barger faces additional assault-related charges for allegedly threatening to stab Ritter if he didn’t steal the store merchandise for him; both released on $5,000 bail.
• Marvin Lee Martin Jr., 34, of 643 Washington Blvd.; Muncy Township police; making unsowrn falsification to authorities and attempt illegal sale of firearm for allegedly putting down false information on a government form when he attempted to purchase a firearm at Gander Mountain, on Feb. 10; released on $25,000 bail.
• Timothy Wayne Kuhns II, 29, of 3635 Dewey Ave. Extension, Cogan Station; state police; receiving stolen property for allegedly having William Lloyd Hoke’s stolen ATV, which police recovered from Kuhns’ home in mid-August 2015; released on $7,500 bail; the ATV was stolen from Northumberland in late September 2013.