Police file various charges against 5
Five people have been charged with various criminal offenses.
Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Amanda Ann Lewis, 27, of 820 W. Fourth St.; city police; felony shoplifting and receiving stolen property after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $35 worth of merchandise at Wegman’s, 201 William St., on Saturday afternoon; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail; this was her third shoplifting arrest.
• Stacie K. Stone, 55, of 161 High Pines Road; Old Lycoming Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing five beers from neighbor Elizabeth Getting’s garage on March 14; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Chelsea Rose Harding, 25, 170 Pinecrest Drive; Old Lycoming Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $400 from the home at 2260 Fink Ave. on March 13; sent a summons to appear before a district judge; victim not identified in court papers.
• George Sylvester Quartman, 44, of 1829 E. Third St.; city police; felony shoplifting for allegedly stealing merchandise from the Wines and Spirits Store, 449 Hepburn St., on Dec. 27; released on $5,000 bail; this was his third shoplifting arrest.
• Wayne Hackenberg, 36, of 3605 Lycoming Creek Road; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; three counts each of sexual assault and statutory sexual assault, one count of unlawful contact with a minor and related offenses for allegedly molesting a female minor three times between late August and early September in Jersey Shore; jailed without bail.