5 people accused of assortment of crimes
Five people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Zeppelin J. Zeigler, 30, of 512 W. Second Ave., South Williamsport; state police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly assaulting girlfriend Whitney Persun outside her home on Clarence Fry Road in Upper Fairfield Township on May 9 when he became upset with a message he read on her cellphone; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail.
• Timothy Scott Fraley, 30, of 88 Bybrook Road; Old Lycoming Township police; theft, receiving stolen property and carrying a firearm without a license after allegedly stealing three handguns from Terry Temple’s home at 1801 Chatham Lane on May 3; released on $75,000 bail.
• Linda Jean Street, 41, 2206 Spring Garden St.; Old Lycoming Township police; misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly stealing $10 worth of merchandise at the Family Dollar, 2016 Lycoming Creek Road, on April 21; sent a summons to appear before a district judge; this was her second shoplifting arrest.
• Brian Otto Kruse, 34, of 1236 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore; city police; felony theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing Lori Borick’s $4,400 engagement ring from her home at 2367 Hillside Drive on April 21 when she hired him to help her move some furniture; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Erika Leigh Schnaufer, 24, of 1664 Randall Circle; state police; endangering the welfare of a child, recklessly endangering and harassment for allegedly throwing a 5-year-old child off the platform of River Valley Transit bus, causing to land on concrete pavement in 1800 block of East Third Street on Feb. 15; released on $2,500 bail.