10 face criminal charges in county
Ten people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Alexander C. Stewart, 20, of 176 Harvest Moon Park, Linden; state police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly pointing a pellet gun at his ex-girlfriend, Sophia Childs in the 7700 block of Route 220 in Woodward Township on Sept. 13; initially jailed, but now free on $15,000 bail.
• Nikita R. Valencia, 29, of 713 Elmira St.; Old Lycoming Township police; felony shoplifting after she was nabbed trying to steal $103 worth of merchandise at the Weis Market, 1916 Lycoming Creek Road, on Sept. 7; jailed in lieu of bail (this was her sixth shoplifting arrest).
• William R. Watson Jr., 28, of 813 Elmira St.; state police; burglary, felony trespassing and theft for allegedly breaking into a storage unit at Oak Harbor Storage, 2480 Lycoming Creek Road, leased by Lynn Smith, and stealing stereo and television equipment in early September; released on $15,000 bail.
• Jalil Donte Harris, 19, of 1835 Hazel Drive; state police; burglary, felon trespassing, theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly entering Brittany Shope’s home at 1682 Randall Circle and stealing a bag of marijuana on Aug. 30; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Terry Laurnea Moore, 19, of 614 Pine St.; Montoursville police; felony shoplifting after he was nabbed trying to steal $25 worth of merchandise at Walmart, 1015 N. Loyalsock Ave., on Aug. 30; jailed in lieu of $30,000 bail; this is her third shoplifting arrest.
• Amanda Marie Basir, 36, of 33 W. Fourth St.; city police; access device fraud, theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly using her deceased mother’s credit card to make multiple purchases as well as withdrawals from the woman’s account in the city totaling $2,240 between early June and mid-July; released on $25,000 bail.
• Tyrone James Moten, 19, of 1686 Andrews Place; city police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing Daniel Miller’s bicycle from the 2000 block of West Fourth Street on July 6; released on $2,500 bail.
• Monica Noel Gawblick, 21, of 244 Rosser Lane, South Williamsport; Montoursville police; conspiracy to commit misdemeanor shoplifting after she fled Walmart with $100 worth of merchandise on June 21; released on $5,000 bail.
• Thomas Samuel Gonzalez, 51, of 1016 Dewey Ave.; Old Lycoming Township police; theft by deception and receiving stolen property for taking $1,200 from Judith Steinbacher to install a generator at her home at 314 Deckman Hollow Road in late May, but he allegedly never did the work; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Nicholas D. Brown, 34, of 944 Broad St, Montoursville; city police; home improvement fraud and theft by deception for taking $500 from Melinda Saldivia to do home improvements at her property at 1023 W. Fourth St. in late May, but allegedly never did the work; Brown worked under the name Lyco Fence; released on $15,000 bail.