15 charged with various crimes in county
Fifteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Marc Jefferson Bruscoe, 28, of 71 N. Fifth St., Hughesville; state police; robbery and assault-related charges for allegedly pushing girlfriend Lynn Ketchum out of his stopped car along Route 220 in Woodward Township, fleeing the scene only to return and throw her against the car and steal her purse before fleeing a second time about 10:30 a.m. Monday; he was nabbed in Montoursville a short time later and jailed in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• Isaiah Lamar Jefferson, 19, of Philadelphia; city police; resisting arrest and shoplifting after he fled Kohl’s, 251 William St., with $70 worth of merchandise on Sept. 21; jailed in lieu of $7,500 bail.
• James A. Wilford, 43, of 813 Park Place; city police; convicted felon not to possess a firearm for allegedly having a gun in his home on Sept. 19; jailed in lieu of $15,000 bail and a probation violation.
• Harold Arthur Beamer, 54, of 1309 Almond St.; city police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly grabbing Karen Beamer by the throat and choking her during disturbance at their home on Sept. 14; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail.
• Phyllis Marie Wettlaufer, 34, and boyfriend Douglas Charles Harding, 26, both of 1535 W. Fourth St.; city police; assault-related charges for allegedly attacking Frankie Rodriguez in the 2100 block of Central Avenue on Sept. 7; Wettlaufer allegedly struck Rodriguez multiple times with a baseball; she is free on $25,000 bail while Harding is jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail on a probation violation.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Amer Omar Ghayyada, of Chicago; Lycoming County District Attorney’s Office; terrroristic threats, false reports to law enforcement and harassment for allegedly threatening to kill a corrections officer and making a false claim that he had been assaulted by the officer in early September; recommitted in lieu of $35,000 bail (initially jailed for allegedly breaking into his ex-wife’s home in Loyalsock Township in mid-August).
• George E. Beaghley Jr., 37, of 747 Arch St.; city police; simple assault for allegedly swinging a baseball bat twice at Cher Small in the 800 block of Elmira Street on Sept. 1; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Victor Manuel Rodriguez-Morales, 27, of Lewisburg; Muncy Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing Heather DiMassimo’s cellphone after she accidentally left it at the checkout counter at Big Lots on Lycoming Mall Circle on Aug. 25; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Brandon Michael Counsil, 32, of 179 Old Cement Road, Montoursville; state police; indecent assault and corrupting the morals of a minor for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a female minor in Fairfield Township between early August and mid-September in 2016; released on $25,000 bail.
• Josie Hower, 45, of 1007 Calvert Ave.; Old Lycoming Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $119 from her employer, Heller’s, 1941 Lycoming Creek Road, on Aug. 16; sent a summons to appear a district judge.
• Dareesha A. Brooks-Alston 18, of 685 Second Ave,; city police; two counts of misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly stealing $17 worth of merchandise from Wegmans, 201 William St., on June 11 and $144 worth of merchandise from Kohl’s, 251 William St., on May 15; released on $10,000 bail.
• Travis S. Caverly, 28, of 148 Beaver St., Cogan Station; Old Lycoming Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $250 from his sister’s safe at the family’s home in Hepburn Township “to support his heroin addiction” in early June; sent a summons to appear before a district judge; the victim was Ashley Caverly.
• Bonita Kay Huyck, 62, of 189 Fink Hill Drive, Montoursville; city police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly failing to return a box of personal information and receipts to Jewel Johnson after preparing Johnson’s personal and business tax returns while employed at Liberty Tax, 435 Hepburn St., on May 30; released on $5,000 bail.
• Jasmine Maree Fields, 32, of 1096 Old Pike Road, South Williamsport; city police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing a checkbook from at office at STEP Inc., 2138 Lincoln St., on April 5; jailed in lieu of $2,500 bail.