5 people charged with crimes
Five people have been charged with various crimes, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Tommy Hoffman, 18, of Lock Haven; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; theft, receiving stolen property and criminal trespass for attempting to steal a four-wheeler from Pamela Peck and Teddy Hoffman’s home at 1513 Pine Creek Ave., Jersey Shore, on Sept. 23; jailed in lieu of $70,000 bail.
• Bridget E. Roberto, 48, of 51 E. Mountain Ave., South Williamsport; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; retail theft for attempting to steal $1 worth of merchandise from a Jiffy Mart on 115 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Jersey Shore, on Aug. 8; jailed in lieu of $1,500 bail.
• Miguel W. Knight, 38, of 405 High St.; city police; intimidation of witnesses or victims for intimidating a witness during a court hearing at 48 W. Third St, on Aug. 31; jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• Eric J. Williams, 25, of 611 Center St.; city police; possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at High Street and Sixth Avenue on June 27; jailed in lieu of $7,500.
• Scott T. Shaffer, 28, of 317 Grimesville Road; Old Lycoming Township police; simple assault and harassment for attacking and “throwing around” his girlfriend at his house on Sept. 24; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.