9 accused of crimes
Nine people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Phillip Leslie Morgan, 25, homeless; city police; strangulation, simple assault and criminal mischief after allegedly assaulting Donesha Brown outside her home in the 300 block of Arch Street by putting her head between his legs and squeezing her neck as well as throwing her to the ground and dragging her after cutting one of her car’s tires about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Karhon Stabler, 56, 652 Wildwood Blvd., city police; turned herself in to face charges of simple assault, endangering the welfare of a child and disorderly conduct for pushing her teenage grandson at the top of a set of stairs and chasing after him with a piece of wood during a disturbance at their home about 11:30 a.m. on Sunday; released on $25,000 bail; Stabler son’s was arrested on similar charges for his alleged involvement in the incident and was jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Andrew Robert Brown, 20, 233 Church St., South Williamsport; city police; terroristic threats, simple assault and resisting arrest following a incident outside Tiana Richardson’s home at 628 Park Ave. that began after Brown allegedly sent her threatening text messages on Sept. 13; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Edward Eugene Brown Jr., 55, of 18 Hoppestown Road, Plunketts Creek Township; state police; terroristic threats and related offenses for allegedly threatening to “gut” his wife, Valerie, and rip her throat out during a disturbance at the couple’s home on Sept. 11; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Orlando C. Wilford, 45, of 857 1/2 Park Ave.; city police; aggravated and simple assault, strangulation, terroristic threats and harassment for allegedly breaking Jill Moyer’s jaw in two places during a disturbance at his home on Aug. 23; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Bryer James Jacopetti, 18, of 415 W. Martin St., Avis; city police; robbery, simple assault, theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly punching and kicking David Usher multiple times and robbing him of $300 in the 800 block of Nichols Place on July 9; jailed in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• Shawn Michael Spangler, 39, of Johnstown; simple assault, recklessly endangering and harassment after he and another unidentified man allegedly assaulted David Marshall outside Marshall’s home on Black Bear Road in Cascade Township on July 1; initially, Marshall was struck by the side mirror of Spangler’s truck as he drove by; Spangler then punched Marshall in the face, prompting Marshall to pull him out of the vehicle; Spangler and a passenger than beat up Marshall, police alleged; Spangler has been jailed on a bench warrant.
• Brian M. Narber, 31, of 150 Laurel Run Road, Hughesville; state police; unauthorized use of a motor vehicle for allegedly driving Patrick Racey’s ATV off of Racey’s property on Foust Hill Road, near Picture Rocks, without his permission on June 25; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Denzel Mac Cradle, 20, of 1129 Race St.; city police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $160 from a cash box in the office at Dunkin Donuts, 1975 W. Fourth St., while employed there on June 15; initially jailed on a probation violation but now free on $15,000 bail.