9 face charges for shoplifting, other crimes
Nine people have been charged with various criminal offenses. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Joseph Lee James, of 724 Memorial Ave.; city police; felony shoplifting and receiving stolen property after he was caught allegedly trying to steal $26 worth of merchandise at Wegmans, 201 William St., on Sept 2; has three prior shoplifting convictions; released on $7,500 bail.
• Marcus Darnell Watson, 22, of 631 First Ave.; city police; felony shoplifting after he fled Wegmans with $13 worth of merchandise on Sept. 2; third shoplifting arrest; released on $15,000 bail.
• Tramane W. Moore, 28, of 1001 Cherry St.; city police; felony shoplifting after he fled the Turkey Hill, 700 Washington Blvd., with $30 worth of merchandise on Sept. 5; he has two prior shoplifting convictions; released on $7,500 bail.
• Monica Nicole Stewart, 30, of 689 Seventh Ave.; city police; three warrants, including one charge of escape that was filed after she bolted from police headquarters while in custody on Sept. 4 (she was quickly apprehended); another warrant was filed charging her with possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia in in the 600 block of Cherry Street on Aug. 25; a third warrant charges her with misdemeanor shoplifting and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $212 worth of merchandise at Kohl’s, 251 William St., on Aug. 21; jailed in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• Anthony Williams, 20, of 1213 Packer St.; city police; resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and trespassing in the 600 block of Sixth Avenue on Aug. 3; released on $5,000 bail.
• Alvin Stephen Blevins, 37, of 415 Brandon Ave.; city police; simple assault after he allegedly struck Sarah Himmelreich multiple times at his home on Aug. 1; released on $10,000 bail.
• Alexis Leghann Cotten, 27, of Sharon; an inmate at the state Correctional Institution at Muncy; state police; three counts of aggravated assault for allegedly attacking two corrections officers and biting another at the prison on Route 405 in Clinton Township on April 21; an officer suffered facial scratches; jailed at the Lycoming County Prison in lieu of $35,000 bail.
• Shaun Robert Litz, 39, of Lock Haven; city police; theft by deception; obtained cable service and allegedly put it in the name of his ex-girlfriend’s daughter, a minor, deceiving the cable company of $1,500 after receiving the service at 240 Market St. in mid-March; jailed in lieu $5,000 bail.
• Malika Sade Henderson, 23, an inmate at the state Correctional Institution at Muncy; state police; two counts of aggravated assault for allegedly kicking two corrections officers at the prison on Nov 3; jailed at the Lycoming County Prison in lieu of $35,000 bail.