13 people charged with crimes
Thirteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved.
• Colin Michael Smith, 26, of 677 Grant St.; city police; terroristic threats, stalking, disorderly conduct and related offenses for chasing after a 12-year-old girl and allegedly threatening to shoot her as she was walking to a bus stop in the 400 block of Memorial Avenue about 7:20 a.m. Wednesday; he put his hand in his jacket pocket and gestured like he was carrying a weapon; jailed in lieu of $250,000 bail.
• Steven Michael Ryder Jr., 28, of 30 Rock Run Road, Ralston; state police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching girlfriend Mishka Helminak, dragging her through the house and kicking her in the head during a disturbance at their home about 11:50 p.m. Wednesday; released on $25,000 bail.
• Abraham David Weisel, 29, of 66 Johnson St., Montgomery; state police; shoplifting after he allegedly attempted to steal $72 worth of merchandise at Giant on East Third Street on Sunday; also charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia; jailed in lieu of $2,500 bail.
• Justin Blair Young, 23, of Lock Haven; Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police; terroristic threats and harassment for allegedly shoving Aaron Shilling and threatening him with a handgun in the 1400 block of Locust Street in Jersey Shore on Oct. 5; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Eric M. Dauber, 28, of 244 E. Church St.; city police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching a woman in the face during a disturbance at his home on Oct. 1; released on $7,500 bail; the victim’s identity was not available.
• Nacole Rishel, 26, of 71 Eighth St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching Allison Sechrist in the face several times during a disturbance at their home on Sept. 26; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Justin Lee Clayton, 25, of 2438 State Home Road, Montgomery; state police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching wife Raven in the face and dragging her on the floor during a disturbance at the couple’s home on Sept. 23; released on $10,000 bail.
• Christian Beiler, 39, of 1394 Brouse Road, Montgomery; the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals; neglect of animal for allegedly neglecting a dog under his care at his home by neglecting to take it to a veterinarian for four months after the animal suffered a back injury; the SPCA ordered Beiler to get the dog to a vet in mid-September; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Trent Michael Aikey, 32, of 20 Boyer Lane, Unityville; state police; convicted felon not to possess a firearm and illegal use of a firearm for allegedly having a handgun in his hip pocket on Mohawk Drive in Wolf Township on Aug. 23; released on $25,000 bail.
• Darven Randy Moore, 18, of 810 Wildwood Blvd.; Old Lycoming Township police; carrying a concealed firearm without a license and tampering with evidence for allegedly disposing of a handgun after suffering a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the 1900 block of Misner Road on July 18; police allege he obtained the gun days earlier “while planning a drug-related robbery;” jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Adam Joseph Herr, 34, of 92 Dark Hollow Road, Hughesville; state police; terroristic threats, simple assault and harassment for allegedly threatening A-1 Towing and Recovery employee Michael Joe Hurlbutt with a gun when Hurlbutt came to Herr’s Franklin Township home to repossess his vehicle for a bank on May 11; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Paul Michael Temple, 28, of 133 Homebase Lane, Unityville, and David Steinruck, 43, of Mill Hall; state police; receiving stolen property for knowingly possessing a stolen all-terrain vehicle on Homebase Lane near Unityville between Feb. 1 and April 9; Temple is free on $25,000 bail while Steinruck, already jailed on drug charges, was recommitted in lieu of $25,000 bail.