9 face charges for various offenses
Nine people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• David Eugene Fricke, 59, of 1003 Hepburn St.; city police; aggravated assault for allegedly striking his 4-year-old son at the family’s home on Sunday afternoon; jailed in lieu of $20,000 bail.
• Billy Joe Hammons, 35, of 419 Penn St.; city police; convicted felony not to possess a firearm for allegedly having a rifle and pump shotgun in his home on Saturday; released on $25,000 bail; he was convicted of aggravated assault in 2007.
• Jeffrey Charles Kaelin, 28, of 658 Krouse Ave.; city police; burglary and theft-related charges for allegedly stealing a 32-inch screen television set from his neighbor’s home at 662 Krouse Ave. early Wednesday morning; jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail; victim not identified in court papers.
• Paul A. Best Jr., 36, of 152 Boak Ave., Hughesville; state police; theft from a motor vehicle for allegedly stealing $509 worth of power tools from a neighbor’s pickup truck on Sept. 25; jailed on a probation violation and in lieu of $10,000 bail; victim not identified in court records.
• Brooke Lee McWilliams, 37, of 1635 Route 442, Muncy; state police; misdemeanor shoplifting after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $112 worth of merchandise from the Weis Market, 1272 E. Penn St., Muncy Creek Township on Sept. 7; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Dustin Michael Pelleschi, 20, of 20 Highfields Drive; Muncy Township police; 31 counts of shoplifting for allegedly alternating price tags illegally 31 times on merchandise while employed at Sam’s Club between May 1 and July 29; he purchased $1,500 worth of store merchandise for only $87; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Malcolm C. Andrews, 65, of 351 E. Southern Ave., South Williamsport; Montoursville police; felony theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $8,000 from a safe belonging to his girlfriend, Terry Jenson, at her home on Streighbeigh Lane on June 7; released on $15,000 bail.
• Kaylee Marie Becon, 19, of 438 McIntyre Way, Cogan Station; city police; misdemeanor shoplifting after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $54 worth of merchandise at Kohl’s, 251 William St., on June 5; released on $5,000 bail; this was her second shoplifting arrest.
• Tyler J. McKinney, 25, of 1416 Princeton Ave.; Old Lycoming Township police; receiving stolen property for knowingly receiving a stolen necklace taken in a burglary at the home of Rick Hamilton at 1416 Princeton Ave. earlier this year and then selling it in April to get money to buy heroin, police alleged; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail and parole violation.