10 face charges in Lycoming County
Ten people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Jennifer May Carson, 37, of 306 S. Main St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly failing to supervise her 1-year-old daughter who managed to unlock the back door to the family’s home and go outside, running across Main Street about 10:45 a.m. Thursday; this was the second time in little more than a month that this happened with the same child, police alleged; jailed on a probation violation and in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• Lea M. Brown, 50, of 820 W. Third St.; city police; aggravated assault, simple assault and harassment for allegedly cutting Nola Margargle’s face numerous times with a knife and striking her in the back of the head with a frying pan during a disturbance at their apartment on Thursday afternoon; jailed in lieu of $150,000 bail.
• Cheryl Jane Johnson, 38, of 1398 W. Emery Church Road, Linden; state police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly throwing a can of beer at her husband, Kevin, striking him in the left eye during a disturbance at their home on Tuesday night, jailed in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• Eric Logan Doucet, 28, of 432 Glenwood Ave.; state police; unlawful restraint, felony trespassing, interference with custody of children and stalking following an incident with his ex-girlfriend, Amanda Chandler, in which he allegedly interfered with custody of the couple’s 6-year-old son while mother and son were trick or treating in an area of Sheridan Street and Clayton Avenue on Tuesday night; Doucet allegedly grabbed the child and carried him away from his mother after jumping out from behind a tree; jailed in lieu $150,000 bail.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Austin E. Grossnickle, 29, of 6235 Route 220, Linden; additional charges filed by Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; strangulation, burglary, felony trespassing, unlawful restraint and related offenses for allegedly forcing his way into the home of his ex-girlfriend, Natassha Caum, at 1540 Allegheny St. and assaulting her on Oct. 17; recommitted in lieu of $90,000 bail; already jailed on charges stemming from a high-speed chase with state police later that same morning.
• Barbara Y. Welch, 65, and son Jason M. Welch, 40, both of 342 Pine St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; unlawful acts for allegedly obtaining a prescription by fraud at CVS, 1321 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore, in September; Jason faces a second count for allegedly obtaining a prescription by fraud at the same pharmacy on Oct. 20; the two have each been sent summonses to appear before a district judge.
•Shannon M. Clinkscales, 32, of 648 Fifth Ave.; Old Lycoming Township police; 16 counts of access device fraud and related offenses for allegedly obtaining Jared Paulhamus’ credit card information and using it to rack up over $11,000 worth of charges of his credit card at various locations last month; Clinkscales obtained the information through the victim’s then girlfriend, Jessica Bies, who lives with the accused; Clinkscales was jailed in lieu of $150,000 bail.
• Cory Allen McMahon, 26, of 170 Pinecrest Drive; Old Lycoming Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $2,148 worth of jewelry from the home of his stepfather, Monte Reeder, at 1605 Fox Hollow Road and selling it to a local business for $100 in the first three weeks of September; released on $25,000 bail.
• Roger Earl Wilson, 54, of 2139 Poco Farm Road; state police; theft after allegedly stealing a state championship softball memorial plaque that was hanging in a hallway at the Loyalsock Tavern, 939 Westminster Drive, on Aug. 18; released on $2,500 bail.