19 people charged with various crimes in county
Nineteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Mary Louise Smith, 25, of 823 W. Third St.; city police; felony shoplifting, receiving stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $24 worth of merchandise from Wegmans, 201 Williams St., on Monday afternoon; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail; this was her third shoplifting arrest.
• Brian David McFadden, 26, of 300 Thompson St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly biting Renee Trent on her left arm during a disturbance at their home on Thursday; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Rory M. Soha, 33, of 1160 Rural Ave.; state police; burglary, felony trespassing, theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly breaking into the home of his ex-wife, Lindsay, at 1531 Harding Ave., and stealing her cellphone on Nov. 4; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Joseph Eugene Walter, 40, of 630 Grace St.; city police; misdemeanor shoplifting after he allegedly stole $350 worth of merchandise from Kohl’s, 251 William St., on Nov. 4; released on $5,000 bail.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Malik Gallashaw, of the city; the county’s District Attorney’s Office; terroristic threats and harassment for allegedly threatening to “put 100 rounds (bullets) into a correction officer” and do the same to the officer’s truck on Oct. 25; already jailed on drug charges, recommitted in lieu of an additional $25,000 bail.
• Zachery Tyler McQuillen, 24, of 125 Linden St., South Williamsport; city police; aggravated assault, simple assault and disorderly conduct for allegedly punching Matthew Moulten, knocking him unconscious in the 300 block of Pine Street on Oct. 22; jailed in lieu of $100,000; Moulten was treated at the local hospital for “a brain bleed.”
• Jonathan D. Williams, 41, of 1650 Memorial Ave.; city police; terroristic threats and simple assault for allegedly threatening to kill his girlfriend, Kiatishe Singleton and her 15-year-old son with a pair of scissors at their home on Oct. 7; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail.
• Brian James Murray, 39, and Amy Myra Wool, 36, both of 2125 Eckard Road, Cogan Station; Old Lycoming Township police; endangering the welfare of children, corrupting the morals of minors and possession of marijuana for allegedly allowing juveniles to smoke marijuana in their Hepburn Township home on various occasions between June 1 and Sept. 25; both sent summonses to appear before a district judge.
• Michael Todd Hutton, 47, of 1376 Cottage Ave., Cogan Station; Old Lycoming Township police; false reports of law enforcement for allegedly filing a fictitious theft report in which he claimed his car had been stolen from outside his home on Sept. 19 when in fact he has been involved in a crash with the vehicle; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Caleb Lin Kolb, 24, of Canton and Jordanne M. Kontz, 21, of 124 Wylie St., Jersey Shore; Old Lycoming Township police; misdemeanor shoplifting after the two allegedly stole $412 worth of merchandise from the Weis Market, 1916 Lycoming Creek Road, on Sept. 17; both sent summonses to appear before a district judge.
• Shana J. Franzen, 30, of Millville; Montoursville police; misdemeanor shoplifting and corrupting the morals of minor after she and a 16-year-old girl attempted to steal $469 worth of merchandise at Walmart, 1015 N. Loyalsock Ave., on Sept. 16; released on $2,500 bail.
• Richard E. Griggs, 72, of 616 Arch St.; owner of the Used Mart, same address; city police; receiving stolen property, tampering with evidence, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief following an incident at his store in which he picked up a hammer and allegedly smashed a stolen heater that officers were trying to recover for evidence in a theft case on Aug. 24; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Terrance Quattlebaum, 26, of Philadelphia; Montoursville police; theft for allegedly stealing a cellphone off a stock cart at Walmart on Aug. 5; released on $10,000 bail; cellphone belonged to store employee Nicole Wright.
• Jacob Matthew Bell, 24, of Pleasant Gap; city police; fleeing police and possession of drug paraphernalia following an incident in the 2300 block of West Fourth Street on July 29; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Motorist Amber R. Getz, 29, of Bloomsburg; Montoursville police; two counts of tampering with evidence and one count each of tampering with evidence and careless driving after she was involved in two separate accidents just minutes apart; one in the 200 block of Broad Street and another in the 400 block of Cherry Street on June 23; released on $10,000 bail.
• Bradley David Loss, 29, of 1615 Blair St.; Montoursville police; theft by deception for allegedly stealing $880 from GameStop, 1025 N. Loyalsock Ave., while employed there between early June and September; released on $2,500 bail.
• Demonte Tucker Davis, 41, of 435 1/2 Park Ave.; state police; theft by deception and forgery for allegedly cashing two checks belonging to Craig Lorimer at two bank branch offices, one in Loyalsock Township and another in the city, in mid-March 2016; the checks were for the amounts of $60 and $130; released on $25,000 bail.