8 people to face charges for separate incidents
TIOGA — Eight people either have appeared or will appear before district judges to face various charges in Tioga County. They are:
• Elijah J. Morgan, 29, of 175 Brooklyn St., Mansfield; Mansfield Borough Police Department; DUI, careless driving and disregard for traffic lane at South Academy Street, Mansfield on Nov. 5.
• Stephen J. Chernosky, 19, of Sayre; Mansfield University Police Department; drug paraphernalia after officers were alerted to the smell of burning marijuana coming from his dorm at 64 Morris Drive on Oct. 18; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Joseph F. Derenzo, 26, of 165 Tioga St., Wellsboro, and Kayla M. Palmer, 23, of Addison, New York; Wellsboro Police Department; possession of drug paraphernalia after police found both Derenzo and Palmer passed out in a vehicle, overdosed from heroin, with a syringe and five wax paper bags in the vehicle at 165 Tioga St., Wellsboro on Nov. 17; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• James E. Daugherty, 69, of Morris; state police; DUI, driving on right side of the roadway, driving at safe speeds, driving on roadway laned fore traffic, careless driving and occupant protection after police responded to the scene of a crash. No one was injured in the accident at Hurley Hill Road on Oct. 28.
• Edward G. McKenna, 61, of Philadelphia; state police; two charges of drug possession after police were tipped off to a marijuana growing operation that he was operating from a shed in his backyard at 136 A. St., Wellsboro on Oct. 31; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Douglas W. Starkweather, 50, of 1380 Hollow Road, Mansfield; Wellsboro Police Department; DUI and no registration at Charleston Street, Wellsboro, on Oct. 14.
• Samuel K. Haines, 53, of 240 Putman Road, Wellsboro; Tioga County DA’s office; possession of drug paraphernalia and two charges of possesion with intent to deliver after Haines’ son, Ian Haines, agreed after selling marijuana to an undercover police officer that he would take them to his father’s house where officers found 17.5 pounds of marijuana and jars and bags to hold it on Oct. 26; jailed in lieu of $80,000.
• Donald M. Bravo, 42, of 8D Kelsey St. Wellsboro; Wellsboro Police Department; simple assault and harassment after spitting in his girlfriends face and hitting her with an open hand during an argument at his home, on May 11; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.