9 charged with variety of crimes
Nine people have been charged with various criminal offense, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Cornelius R. Freeman, 30, of Philadelphia; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on Route 220 in Piatt Township on Nov. 8; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail.
• Motorist Paul Sampsell, 34, of 393 Old Route 220, Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; aggravated assault, fleeing police, possession of methamphetamines and related offenses following a high-speed pursuit that began on Bridge Street in the borough and ended on Route 220 near the McElhattan interchange on Nov. 7; during the pursuit, he crashed into a police cruiser; jailed in lieu of $75,000 and a probation violation.
• Tyree T. Moy, 32, of 1438 1/2 Memorial Ave. and also of Lansdowne; state police; possession with intent to deliver heroin and related offenses for allegedly selling heroin to a confidential informant in the 1900 block of Lycoming Creek Road in Old Lycoming Township on Nov. 6 and at Memorial Avenue and Stevens Street in the city on Aug. 1; jailed in lieu of $425,000 bail.
• Vincent E. Haines, 26, of 215 Thompson St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $45 and 55 hydrocodone pills from his grandmother, Wanda Haines, while at her home at 105 Shaffer Lane, Porter Township, on Oct. 7; released on $2,500 bail.
• Jordan A. Jules, 24, of Endicott, New York; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI in the 300 block of Allegheny Street in Jersey Shore on Oct. 6; also charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Brian D. McFadden, 27, of 230 S. Broad St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; false reports to law enforcement for allegedly filing a false report to police claiming two men assaulted him in the 200 block of South Main Street on Sept. 18; the assault never happened; released on $5,000 bail.
• Sarah Ann Montgomery, 22, of 104 Helminiak St.; city police; possession of 20 bags of heroin and drug paraphernalia in the 700 block of West Third Street on Aug. 14; released on $2,500 bail.
• Grant William Long, 34, of 410 S. Broad St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI in the 100 block of North Broad Street in the borough on July 8; also charged with possession of s prohibited offensive weapon (a police extended baton) and disorderly conduct; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Anthony M. Scampone, 26, of 700 Tanglewood Road, Muncy; Muncy police; burglary, felony trespassing, theft and receiving stolen for allegedly burglarizing a woman’s apartment, located in the same complex, and stealing 100 of her prescription pills on March 24; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail; the victim was not identified in court papers.