8 people face charges in Lycoming County courts for variety of allegations
Eight people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Francis Jose Nery, 30, of 362 Market St., South Williamsport; city police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching girlfriend Jacqueline Garza multiple times, causing her to fall resulting in suffering a concussion in the first block of East Fourth Street about 1 a.m. Sunday; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail; he told police “It was self-defense.”
• Rafeek R. Kellam, 26, of 638 Third Ave.; two sets of city police drug charges; possession with intent to deliver two bundles of heroin and related offenses at Elmira and Bridge streets on Friday, and possession with intent to deliver one bag of heroin at High and Center streets on Oct. 29; jailed in lieu of $65,000 bail.
• Victor Eugene Taylor, 35, of 2218 W. Fourth St., and Alterique K. Jordan, 40, of 1020 Elmira St.; city police; aggravated assault, simple assault and criminal mischief for allegedly striking Thomas James several times in the head and breaking his glasses in a restroom at the Bar on Market, 341 Market St., on Nov. 3; both jailed on a probation violation and in lieu of $25,000 bail each; the victim did not know either man, police said.
• Rahmin O. Devaughn, 19, of 350 Rural Ave.; city police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Sheridan and Sherman streets on Sept. 27; released on $1,500 bail.
• Rahnell J. Cotton, 22, of 716 Center St.; city police; possession with intent to deliver five bags of heroin and related offenses at Louisa and Center streets on Sept. 15; jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• Fawn L, Mitchell, 31, of 552 Lake Road, Trout Run; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit on Route 15 in South Williamsport; possession with intent to deliver heroin and related offenses for allegedly selling 10 bags of heroin to an informant on Route 15 in South Williamsport on Jan.. 18 and another 12 bags of heroin to an informant in the 600 block of Washington Boulevard in the city on Feb. 2; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• David Lee Eisner, 55, of 2000 Mill Lane; city police; theft and receiving stolen property; allegedly stole $212 from Robert M. Sides, 201 Mulberry St., in late December 2016 when he was employed there as a deliveryman; released on $5,000 bail.