14 charged with various crimes
Fourteen people have been charged by area police with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Melvin M. Rodriguez, 51, of 435 1/2 Park Ave.; city police; recklessly endangering, simple assault and harassment for allegedly striking Katelyn Birdsall at their home on Monday morning; Birdsall is pregnant, police said; Rodriguez was jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Levi Wayne McDermit, 35, of 256 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching and kicking Charles McCracken multiple times in McCracken’s apartment, located in the same building, about 12:10 a.m. Saturday; released on $10,000 bail.
• Ashley Lynn Cupp, 29, of 529 Grier St.; Montoursville police; felony shoplifting and attempted theft by deception following an incident at Walmart, 1015 N. Loyalsock Ave., on Saturday when she attempted to get a refund for $269 worth of merchandise she allegedly had stolen from the store; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail; this was her third shoplifting offense.
• Lee Daniel Barto, 34, of 1833 Sweeley Ave.; state police; terroristic threats, simple assault and recklessly endangering for allegedly assaulting Nichole Ruch during a disturbance at 99 Janet Hock Road in Penn Township on Dec. 20; Barto allegedly struck the woman’s legs while in control of an ATV, grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her to the ground as well as spit in her face; initially jailed, but now free on $5,000 bail.
• Eric Conrad Brown, 26, and Garrett James Mutschler, 24, both of Turbotville, and state police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching Seth Solomon in the face in Solomon’s home at 252 Ban Road in Muncy Creek Township on Dec. 10; Brown and Mutschler have been sent summonses to appear before a district judge; Solomon was treated at the Muncy Valley Hospital.
• Tena Marie Gibbons, 38, of 1516 Louisa St.; Old Lycoming Township police; misdemeanor shoplifting after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $28 worth of merchandise at the Weis Market, 1916 Lycoming Creek Road, on Dec. 9; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Ryan M. Yost, 26, homeless; South Williamsport police; burglary, felony trespassing, theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing about $450 worth of items from the home of his sister-in-law at 215 West Southern Ave. between Dec. 5 and Dec. 11; jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• William C. Wilson, 24, of Pineville; Montoursville police department; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Claire Road and Loyalsock Avenue on Dec. 9; initially jailed, but now free $2,500 bail.
• David Lee Briggs, 34, of 240 E. Water St., Hughesville; Hughesville police; possession of marijuana at North Main and East Water streets on Oct. 21; a bench warrant for his arrest was expected to be filed after he failed to appear for a hearing.
• Darby William McDemott-Brown, 22, of South Riding, Virginia; state police; possession of 12 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on Route 15 in South Williamsport on Sept. 25; released on $2,500 bail.
• Jamia Samantha Harrod, 26, of 1820 Hazel Drive; Montoursville police; misdemeanor shoplifting after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $299 worth of merchandise from Walmart on Aug. 26; released on $2,500 bail.
• Keith James Carpenter, 35, of Watsontown; state police; making unsworn falsification to authorities for allegedly putting down false information on an application when he attempted to purchase a firearm at Troxell’s Sporting Goods, 2715 Lycoming Creek Road, on June 6; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Safee Johnson, 35, of Philadelphia; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver 99 bags of heroin and related offenses at Fourth Avenue and High Street in the city on in early August 2016; jailed in lieu of $200,000 bail.