2 sheds burn in Hughesville
Sparks from fires in two burner barrels ignited this blaze that engulfed two sheds and a sport utility vehicle at 143 Mohawk Drive in Wolf Township about 11:20 a.m. Wednesday, according to Hughesville Fire Chief Steve Stiger. One of the sheds contained a freezer, two garden tractors, kitchen cupboards and other miscellaneous items while the other shed was mostly empty, Stiger said. Firefighters from Hughesville, Picture Rocks and Muncy Area brought the fire under control in about 20 minutes. A section of siding on a mobile home also was melted, but no one was displaced. The identities of the owners of the damaged property were not available.