9 charged in Lycoming County
Nine people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Sarah Elizabeth Baire, 31, of 472 Antes Fort Front St., Antes Fort; city police; felony shoplifting and receiving stolen property after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $218 worth of merchandise from Wegman’s, 201 William St., on Wednesday afternoon; released on $10,000 signature bail in this case, but jailed on a probation violation; this was her fourth shoplifting offense.
• Jesse Charles Shields, 30, of Renovo; Old Lycoming Township police; strangulation, simple assault, harassment for allegedly assaulting Selena Yingling at 2295 Lycoming Creek Road on Jan. 11; also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia; initially jailed, but now free on $25,000 bail.
• Collin J. Lakatos, 22, of 346 Lincoln Ave.; city police; felony trespassing and criminal mischief for allegedly entering Gary and Kirsten Burkhart’s home at 331 Brandon Ave., illegally, breaking two windows in a door about 12:15 a.m. on Jan. 10; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Anthony J. McClain, 26, of 605 Memorial Ave.; Old Lycoming Township police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 2000 block of Lycoming Creek Road on Dec. 28; released on $1,500 bail.
• Andrew Dean Norris, 38, of 139 Nisbet Terrace; city police; resisting arrest and public drunkenness following an incident in the 500 block of Brandon Place on Dec. 26; released on $5,000 signature bail in this case, but jailed on parole violation,
• Lucas J. Bennett, 20, of 32 Woodbryn Drive; Montoursville police; DUI in the 1000 block of North Loyalsock Avenue on Nov. 1; released on $2,500 bail; also charged with underage drinking and careless driving.
• Clayton S. Policastro, 32, of Renovo; county detective; possession of contraband for allegedly having hydrocodone and zolpidem without a prescription as well as having a bag of spice while an inmate at the Lycoming County Prison on Oct. 24; currently an inmate at the state Correctional Institution at Frackville; he remains jailed in lieu of an additional $15,000 bail.
• Brett Dascenzo O’Brien, 41, of Lock Haven; city police; possession of three envelopes of heroin, possession of Alprazolam without a prescription and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 200 block of Hepburn Street on Aug. 8; initially jailed, but now free on $25,000 bail.
• John Mitchell Poorman Jr., 33, of 2244 W. Fourth St.; state police; theft, receiving stolen property and criminal trespassing for allegedly stealing $450 worth of scrap material owned by Thomas Stoviak in the 800 block of Route 15 in Armstrong Township between mid-May and late June; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.