Police arrest 11 people for various crimes
Eleven people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Warren R. Dogan, 26, of 759 W. Fourth St.; and Sherman R. Malone, 26, of Philadelphia; city police; drug offenses at Sixth and Park avenues on Sunday; Dogan charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine while Malone was charged with possession with intent 18 bags of heroin; both jailed in lieu of $100,000 bail.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Gwen M. Williams, 43, of 430 Jordan Ave., Montoursville; Muncy Township police; felony shoplifting, receiving stolen property and conspiracy for allegedly stealing $576 worth of merchandise from Target, Lycoming Crossing, between Jan. 29 and Jan. 31; recommitted in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• Joseph L. James, 63, of 643 Elmira St.; Muncy Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $272 of merchandise from Sam’s Club at the Lycoming Mall between Jan. 19 and Jan. 26; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Marina Digenakis, 35, of 1975 John Brady Drive, Muncy; Montgomery police; accidents involving damage to unattended property (hit-run) after allegedly fleeing the scene of crash in Elimsport Road in Brady Township on Jan. 28; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Daniel N. Leggard, 49, of 125 S. Main St., Montgomery; Montgomery police; DUI at North Main and Arch streets on Jan. 26; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Ariel Ann Shattuck, 39, of Covington; state police; possession of heroin and methamphetamines, possession of drug paraphernalia and DUI at routes 15 and 54 in Clinton Township on Dec. 15; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Gordon Larue Knouse, 42, of 1121 Hughes Road, Muncy; state police; DUI and careless driving in the 700 block of Clarkstown Road in Wolf Township on Sept. 1; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Joseph R. Umbriac, 29, of Hazleton; Muncy Township police; felony theft of leased property for allegedly failing to return a $4,500 Strickland bucket to Best Line Equipment, 25 Legion Road, Muncy, after leasing the equipment in January 2016; he stopped paying the monthly rental bill of $231 at the end of 2016; his outstanding lease bill is over $5,000, police said; released on $20,000 bail.
• Paula Marie Taylor, 51, of Olyphant, Lackawanna County; state Attorney General’s Office; Medicaid fraud, theft by deception, tampering with public records, conspiracy and related offenses; as a Medicaid recipient, she allegedly conspired with her personal care attendant to submit false time sheets for services she claimed to have received but never did, thereby defrauding Medicaid in excess of $2,000 between April and November 2014; at the time of the theft she was living in the 500 block of Wolfe Place in the city; however, during those months she did not receive such services, she was an inmate at the Lycoming County Prison; free on $35,000 bail.
• Bruce T. Cameron, 22, of Linden; state police; burglary, felony, theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $2,000 from Scott Johnson’s home at the Harvest Moon Park in Woodward Township back in mid-May 2014; recommitted in lieu of $75,000 bail to the Dauphin County Prison, where he is being detained on another matter.