15 charged with various crimes
Fifteen people have been charged with various offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Isaac Lee Null, 21, of Palestine, West Virginia; state police; DUI in the 6000 block of Route 442 in Moreland Township on Thursday; released on $5,000 bail.
• Convicted sex offender Brett Michael Smeal, 26, of 1550 Kaiser Ave., South Williamsport; South Williamsport police; multiple counts of failure to provide accurate registration information and four counts of failure to register with the state police; all concerning his alleged failure to report his employer, a truck he used and a Facebook account he established from his home between December 2016 and last week; jailed Monday in lieu of $250,000 bail.
• Darvay M. Harris, 24, of 1220 High St.; Montoursville police; possession of marijuana at Spruce and Willow streets in the borough on Saturday night; released on $7,500 bail.
• Brian David McFadden, 26, of 300 Thompson St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly assaulting Renee Trent in an apartment at 230 S. Broad St., Jersey Shore, on March 11; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail and a probation violation; Trent was treated at Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital for head and neck injuries.
• Jonathan Paul Cooper, 28, of 181 S. Second St., Hughesville; Muncy Township police; misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly trying to steal $61 worth of merchandise from Books A Million at the Lycoming Mall March 7; this was his second shoplifting arrest; jailed in lieu of $15,000 and a probation violation.
• Robert W. Lyons, 51, of Turbotville; state police; DUI and careless driving at Route 220 and Village Road in Muncy Township on Feb. 21; jailed in lieu of $1,000 bail and a parole violation.
• Gary K. Weigel, 43, of 209 N. Main St., Muncy; Montgomery police; DUI on Montgomery Street on Feb. 16; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Matthew L. Wertz, 41, of 490 E. Academy St., Hughesville; Muncy police at Chestnut and Water streets in Muncy on Feb. 3; DUI; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Felicia M. Shoup, 33, of 1029 Caldwell Road, Trout Run; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI, reckless driving and careless driving following a crash in the 1100 block of Route 287 in Piatt Township on Feb. 2; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Laseana Denise Cooley, 24, of 621 Court St.; state police; misdemeanor shoplifting after she was caught allegedly trying to steal $226 worth of merchandise on Jan. 29; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Robert Richard Merrill, 34, of 712 Clark St.; Old Lycoming Township police; DUI following a crash in the 2600 block Bottle Run Road on Jan. 19; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Travis Jay Lander, 19; 235 Broad St., Montoursville; city police; DUI and underage drinking in 700 block of First Avenue on Jan. 4; released on $5,000 bail.
• Dyllyn D. Laird, 19, of 751 Ruben Kehrer Road, Muncy; state police; DUI, careless driving and underage drinking on Interstate 180 in Loyalsock Township on Oct. 15; released on $2,500 bail.
• Gary M. Maniscalco, who turns 63 today, 14 Center Ave., Muncy; state police; felony illegal sale or transfer of a firearm and unsworn falsification to authorities following an incident when he allegedly attempted to purchase a firearm at R&J Welch LCC Firearms, 1462 John Brady Drive, Muncy, on Sept. 17; he allegedly put down false information on government forms and was denied a firearm due to a drug conviction in 1984 and a 2014 conviction of impersonating a public servant; released on $35,000 bail.
• Solomon Lawrence, 30, of Philadelphia; city police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Cherry Street and Vallamont Drive on June 17; jailed in lieu of $1,500 bail.