8 charged locally with various crimes
Eight people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Barry Gene Zimmerman, 34, of 92 Schmouder Drive, Trout Run; state police; burglary, felony trespassing and criminal mischief for allegedly breaking into a property at 38 Gladys Lane in Jackson Township on Wednesday night; he used to live in the home, but his name was no longer on the lease; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail; property owner only identified in court papers as “Oliver.”
• Jacob Robin Berger, 26, of 1036 Dewey Ave.; city police; simple assault for allegedly striking Veronica Kropp in the face with a lamp or similar object during a disturbance at the couple’s home early Wednesday morning; jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail.
• Jason Scott Eckard, 22, of 3421 Lycoming Creek Road; Old Lycoming Township police; DUI at Route 15 and Route 973 West on Feb. 4; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Gabby Jean Burkholder, 19, of 1474 Route 880, Jersey Shore; state police; misdemeanor shoplifting and corrupting the morals of a minor for allegedly stealing a total of $831 from four stores at the Lycoming Mall — American Eagle, Old Navy, Bonton and Dick’s Sporting Goods, on Dec. 22; a minor participated in the thefts, police said; Burkholder was sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Amy K. Esposito, 26, of Apartment 201, 2500 Federal Ave.; city police; simple assault, endangering the welfare of a child and harassment for allegedly striking her 6-year-old son multiple times with a belt in their apartment on Sept. 1; released on $5,000 bail.
• Traci Lynne McCarty, 28, of 5272 Beaver Lake Road, Hughesville; state police; DUI following a crash in which her pickup struck a parked car, a utility pole and a house in the 12000 block of Route 220 in Shrewsbury Township on Sept. 3; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Matthew A. Willets, 33, of 78 N. Main St., Hughesville; state police; possession with intent to deliver cocaine and related offenses in the 100 block of North Main Street in Hughesville in early February 2017; released on $50,000 bail.
• Raymond Crawford, 39, an inmate at the State Correctional Institution at Chester; state police; burglary, felony trespassing, theft and related offenses for allegedly breaking into Sears at the Lycoming Mall twice in mid-May 2016, stealing tools, ties and jewelry; recommitted in lieu of $35,000 bail; no information was available on the reason for his original incarceration.