8 people charged for various crimes
Eight people have charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Kahemia Tyrone Spurell, 23, and Jacques A. Davis, 21, both of Philadelphia; city police; drug charges; Spurell was charged with possession with intent to deliver eight packets of crack cocaine while Davis was charged with possession with intent to deliver 31 packets of crack cocaine at High and Campbell streets on June 30; both jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail each.
• Justin R. Bailey, 33, of 2220 Newberry St., and Miguel W. Knight, 39, of 405 High St.; city police; possession with intent to deliver 24 bags of cocaine and four bags of heroin in the 700 block of Second Street on June 29; Bailey jailed in lieu of $85,000 bail while Knight was jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Rashawn Lee Logan, 19, of Conshohocken; Lycoming County detective; assault by prison, aggravated assault and simple assault for allegedly attacking fellow-inmate Krystopher Jeffers inside the prison, 277 W. Third St., on May 23; Logan struck Jeffers several times in the face and head, and stomped on his head as well, investigators alleged; there was no explanation for what prompted the assault; Logan had been jailed a week before the assault on charges stemming from a domestic disturbance; he was recommitted in lieu of an additional $25,000 bail; as of early last month, Jeffers was blind in his right eye following the assault.
• Paul M. Losinger, 37, of Bloomsburg; Old Lycoming Township police; possession of 10 packets of fentanyl and DUI (this is his third DUI arrest) in the 1900 block of Lycoming Creek Road on June 1; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Paul John Latsch, 37, of 661 Wildwood Blvd.; city police; possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia in the 600 block of Oliver St. on April 21; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Daeemah B. Abdullah, 37, of 828 Franklin St.; city police; DUI and careless driving following a crash at Washington Boulevard and Franklin Street on April 15; released on $5,000 bail.