Fire in Loyalsock Township ruled accidental

A fire that sent a Loyalsock Township man to the hospital early Sunday morning has been ruled accidental, according to Cpl. Nicholas A. Loffredo, a state police fire marshal.

Kurt Lamade suffered burns in a fire that broke out at his home at 1301 Adele Road about 3 a.m. He managed to escape the blaze and get to a neighbor who called 911, Loffredo said he was told. Lamade was taken to the UPMC Susquehanna Williamsport Regional Medical Center for treatment.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental and was believed to have been electrical in nature, Loffredo said, adding that it started in the basement. Damage was estimated at $175,000, Loffredo said, adding that the victim had fire insurance.

The cause of another fire that happened last weekend, this one at Pat Kiernan’s home at 86 E. Houston Ave. in Montgomery will go undetermined, Loffredo said. There was nothing suspicious about the fire, he added.

This blaze broke out on Kiernan’s back porch about 7 a.m. July 21 and caused an estimated $250,000 damage, he said. The home was a total loss. Kiernan, who lived at the house with her daughter, had fire insurance. The two escaped the fire after being awakened by their dog’s barking, borough fire officials said.