Lightning determined to be cause of small fire
A lightning strike was believed to have sparked a small fire that broke out at a home in the 2600 block of Bottle Run Road about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Old Lycoming Township fire officials.
The fire involved an outside television cable box, officials said, adding that damage was confined to some wiring and vinyl siding. A passerby was credited with putting out the fire.
Power to the home was knocked out and PPL also responded to the scene. No one was displaced as a result of the incident, officials said.