5 charged by area law enforcement
Five people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved:
• Henry Johnson Jr., 25, of 2042 Chatham Park Drive; Old Lycoming Township police; strangulation, simple assault and related offenses for allegedly punching girlfriend Crystle Smith multiple times and applying pressure to her neck with his hands in their apartment on July 27; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail; Smith was treated at a local hospital for her injuries.
• Andrew Bailey, 24, of 67 Harer Park Road, Jersey Shore; the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals; felony aggravated cruelty to an animal and neglect of an animal for allegedly slamming his girlfriend’s puppy into a wall at the couple’s Mifflin Township home on July 25; he was upset with the puppy for eating his boating registration, investigators said; a local veterinarian is treating the injured pup; Bailey is free on $1,500 bail.
• Mark Baskin, 59, of 96 Vilas Drive, Jersey Shore; state police; manufacturing and possession of a controlled substance for allegedly having 10 marijuana plants in his Porter Township home on July 18; free on $50,000 bail.
• Kenny Vogel II, 34, of 440 Wyoming St.; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; simple assault, stalking, loitering, disorderly conduct and harassment following an incident at 142 Losch Lane in Piatt Township on July 7; free on $50,000 bail.
• Jennifer Berkebile, 35, of 418 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore; Lycoming County detectives; hindering apprehension and obstructing the administration of law following an incident when she allegedly hid fugitive Michael Puch in her home on June 1; at the time her home was at 37 Welker Road, Linden; free on $5,000 bail.