15 charged with various crimes in Lycoming County
Fifteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Larry Willits Jr., 52, of 2273 Mosser Ave.; city police; manufacturing of marijuana for allegedly growing nine marijuana plants in his backyard on Sept. 16; released on $25,000 bail.
• Hakim Price, 32, of Philadelphia; two sets of charges; one set filed by state police; aggravated assault and strangulation stemming from an incident in Millheim, Centre County, on Aug. 23 and the other set filed by city police; one count of criminal trespassing (no details available on this incident); nabbed last Friday by the U.S. Marshals Service after he attempted to flee to a roof in the 500 block of High Street in the city; he was turned over to state police to be arraigned in Centre County.
• Edgar Willits Jr., 59, of Mill Hall; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI at the Thomas Street exit of Route 220 in Porter Township on Aug. 15; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Noah Stroup, 23, of 605 Locust St.; state police; strangulation, terroristic threats and simple assault following a disturbance with girlfriend Dareesha Alston at Alston’s apartment at 1415 E. Third St. on Aug. 9; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Ryan Morgan, 39, of 323 Rural Ave.; two sets of charges; one set filed by Montoursvlle police; possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 300 block of Broad Street on Aug. 4; the second set filed by state police; DUI and careless driving following a crash on Carey Hill Road in Upper Fairfield Township on March 4; released on $10,000 bail.
• Addison Bender, 32, of Winchester, Virginia; state police; DUI, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on Hastings Street in South Williamsport on July 15; released on $10,000 bail.
• Motorist Patrick Cahill, 53, and passenger Bryson Cahill, 22, both of Spring City, Chester County; state police; possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia; Patrick Cahill faces an additional DUI charge; following an incident on Interstate 180 in Loyalsock Township on July 7; both released on $5,000 bail each.
• Daniel Katz. 29, of Bellefonte; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI on Route 220 in Porter Township on July 7; released on $1,500 bail.
• Motorist Shauna Gerow, 28, of Millerton, Tioga County; state police; endangering the welfare of child, DUI and driving with a suspended license following an incident in the 1900 block of East Third Street in which she allegedly injected heroin she had just purchased; her 3-year-old daughter was in her backseat and the car’s engine was running when she was found slumped over the steering wheel on June 29; she was under the influence of fentanyl and several other controlled substances; released on $5,000 bail.
• Dustin Eckert, 33, of 2537 Grand St.; state police; DUI and careless driving at East Third Street and Westminster Drive on June 9; released on $5,000 bail.
• Jordan Caprio, 32, of 311 High St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at his home on May 4; a bench warrant for his arrest was expected after he failed to appear for a recent hearing.
• Ryan Briggs, 30, of Wilkes-Barre; state police; burglary, felony trespassing and related offenses for allegedly stealing $2,142 in tools and copper wire from a home under construction on Stone Lane in Eldred Township back in early July 2016; released on $25,000 bail; the property is owned by Aaron Boyer.
• Mary Jo Hill, 53, and Janet Sturbleng, 51, both of Wellsboro; state Attorney General’s Office; medical fraud and theft by deception after the two allegedly conspired to submit false claims to the medical-assistance provider, ProStat Health Care, allowing Sturbleng to receive in excess of $2,000 for services that she never rendered between July 2015 and late February of this year; both released on $25,000 bail each.